Gransnet forums

Health

Misinformation about covid is so sad because it costs lives

(29 Posts)
OnwardandUpward Tue 13-Jul-21 13:38:26

In America an anti vaccine nurse has died and her parents are ill with covid too www.rawstory.com/olivia-guidry/

Meanwhile researchers have found that a 90 yr old lady who died in March 21 actually was infected with 2 types of covid strain.

Neither were vaccinated. I am devastated every day because of losing my family and friends who are anti vaccine and don't want to know me because I'm double vaxxed. I'm also so sad for all the people needlessly dying because they are decieved by the conspiracy theorists and anti vax brigade.

DiscoDancer1975 Tue 13-Jul-21 19:57:54

This always reminds me a bit of the story once told in church.
A man was trapped on his roof due to flooding. He prayed.
A boat came along, and the people tried to persuade him to get in:
‘ No’, he replied,’ God is going to save me’. He kept praying.
The water was rising, and then another boat came along with the same offer. The man refused, saying God is going to save me. Still he prayed.
The situation, now very dire, meant there wasn’t much roof left.
A helicopter hovered and lowered a rope. Still the man refused. The helicopter left and the man shouted at God, ‘ Lord, why won’t you save me’. God said, ‘ I sent you two boats and a helicopter, what else do you want me to do?’
We can’t be responsible for others in this situation. It’s really sad you’ve been ousted by your family/ friends. We can only pray that one day they will come to their senses.

OnwardandUpward Tue 13-Jul-21 20:18:29

Thanks so much DiscoDancer1975. I appreciate your kind and thoughtful words.

I am angry and feel grief because of the ones I'm missing, not even through death but because of these beliefs of theirs causing a massive division so they feel they can't put up with "my energy".

I'm concerned for them as well. But like you say, prayer is the best and only way.

Biscuitmuncher Tue 13-Jul-21 20:41:06

I cant believe a 90 year old woman died, that's unheard of

OnwardandUpward Tue 13-Jul-21 20:52:19

It's not that a 90 year old died but that she had two types of covid in her... and she wasn't vaccinated. Also, she was someone's mother, sister , friend etc.

I notice you didn't mention Olivia Giudry, the young nurse who died, also unvaccinated.

MerylStreep Tue 13-Jul-21 20:58:10

The Oxford Internet institute described your source as:
one of the top 30 junk news stories on Twitter
Be a bit more discerning in what you read.

OnwardandUpward Tue 13-Jul-21 21:19:50

I don't read Twitter MerylStreep. It was on a couple of news sites.

GrannyGravy13 Tue 13-Jul-21 21:25:24

OnwardandUpward

I don't read Twitter MerylStreep. It was on a couple of news sites.

www.rawstory.com is an online USA tabloid, not sure of its credentials.

OnwardandUpward Tue 13-Jul-21 21:29:35

I didn't see it on there (hadn't heard of that one) but I knew it's an American story. The anti vaxxers here have been saying some nurses are anti vax, but this is the only story I've actually seen about an anti vax nurse. I find it hard to believe that there are many in this country and the nurses I know had the vaccine ages ago.

Deedaa Tue 13-Jul-21 21:34:40

I've seen the story about the nurse on several news sites.

Chewbacca Tue 13-Jul-21 21:39:18

I didn't see it on there (hadn't heard of that one) but I knew it's an American story.

Eh? You've actually provided the hyperlink to www.rawstory.com/olivia-guidry/ in your opening post so how can you not have heard of it? confused

GrannyGravy13 Tue 13-Jul-21 21:48:04

Chewbacca you beat me to it grin

The OP has posted what could allegedly be fake news on another thread, I see a pattern emerging.

OnwardsandUpward just a little bit of advice, it’s best to check, check and check again.

Casdon Tue 13-Jul-21 21:56:01

www.theadvocate.com/acadiana/news/coronavirus/article_ae1e6da6-e367-11eb-9883-3f84d4de6950.html

This is the article from the local newspaper by the looks of it - there are lots of reports but this one is from the hospital where she worked.

MerylStreep Tue 13-Jul-21 21:57:21

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

MaizieD Tue 13-Jul-21 22:01:23

Casdon

www.theadvocate.com/acadiana/news/coronavirus/article_ae1e6da6-e367-11eb-9883-3f84d4de6950.html

This is the article from the local newspaper by the looks of it - there are lots of reports but this one is from the hospital where she worked.

Thank you Casdon.

That looks pretty 'not fake' to me.

OnwardandUpward Thu 15-Jul-21 00:09:17

Thanks MaizieD I wouldnt have posted it if it didnt check out, but Ive forgotten which news sites I saw it on now.

Shelflife Thu 15-Jul-21 00:49:23

Biscuitmuncher, are you being deliberately controversial - again ! The OP was simply explaining that a woman who happened to be 90 had died of Covid and was unvaccinated. It is of no importance whether the woman was 90 or 19! That fact is she was not vaccinated , she died of Covid not old age . It simply illustrates the importance of vaccination, me and others are fully aware you are not vaccinated and have no intention of changing your mind. I sincerely hope you don't regret your decision. It is beyond my understanding why you are so reluctant to protect yourself and others from Covid and would genuinely like to understand your reasoning.

OnwardandUpward Thu 15-Jul-21 01:01:39

Chewbacca

^I didn't see it on there (hadn't heard of that one) but I knew it's an American story.^

Eh? You've actually provided the hyperlink to www.rawstory.com/olivia-guidry/ in your opening post so how can you not have heard of it? confused

Doh!! Ive been scatty , lots on my mind. I saw it elsewhere as well . When I commented I had forgotten Id posted a link! Its only now when I read it again that I realised. blush

The worlds gone crazy and my concentrations gone, but surely Im not the only one.

DiscoDancer1975 Thu 15-Jul-21 11:16:26

OnwardandUpward

Chewbacca

I didn't see it on there (hadn't heard of that one) but I knew it's an American story.

Doh!! Ive been scatty , lots on my mind. I saw it elsewhere as well . When I commented I had forgotten Id posted a link! Its only now when I read it again that I realised. blush

The worlds gone crazy and my concentrations gone, but surely Im not the only one.

You’re not, don’t worry?

PaperMonster Thu 15-Jul-21 13:31:12

Both stories are on a number of news sites. Both very sad and it makes me wonder how much influence the nurse had over her now poorly parents.

OnwardandUpward Thu 15-Jul-21 18:50:14

I thought so Paper Monster and yes her poor parents and pregnant sister!
Thanks Discodancer 1975! Crazy times eh!

OnwardandUpward Mon 26-Jul-21 08:49:23

We (the vaccinated) have been mocked, scorned, abandoned and abused, threatened and more for our vaccination choice.

The choice is: take one shot or get covid, lose control and be pumped FULL of meds you dont want, but need in order to survive. None of us really wanted to take a shot we know hasnt been around that long , but we want to get covid EVEN LESS.

We made our choice and were punished for it by our nearest and dearest who we thought would always love us. They chose "the higher ground" over love. American Christians are saying Vaccines are wrong, but not really explaining why they believe that. Even if someone does something "wrong" we are still supposed to love them.....

Really saddened by the latest news about the protest in Parliament square and the abuse our NHS is getting. For anyone who didn't know, they mentioned the Nuremburg trials and said our Drs and Nurses should be tried and hanged. It's appalling. The amount of hatred over all of this is stunning and devastating.

Ladyleftfieldlover Mon 26-Jul-21 09:00:00

I personally know no one who has refused the vaccine. Didn’t we all have vaccinations as children and I bet a lot of us are on medication now? I am on anti-cancer medication, pills for gout and two types of high blood pressure pills. I’m not sure where I’d be if I stopped taking them all. I always have a flu jab and hopefully will have a Covid booster in the autumn if there’s any vaccine left!

Ladyleftfieldlover Mon 26-Jul-21 09:01:49

These anti-Vaxer types with all their talk of liberty blah, blah - well they’re not very good at letting people make their own choices are they?

OnwardandUpward Mon 26-Jul-21 09:21:31

Yes! I can't remember if I already said, but I'm doubled vaxxed and have had every vaxx ever offered me! These people who are causing all the trouble probably had all their childhood vaccinations too.

I know they have a problem with the cloned cells from an aborted baby many decades ago and of animal proteins being used- and I must admit I am not a fan of those either- but I am even less keen to lose all control of my life and end up on a ventilator! As my husband says "Vaccines have ALWAYS been produced in this way". It's nothing new. They are just thinking they are the first to know something (as is typical of people of a certain age.)

They mean their type of liberty, which is not liberty at all, but a very screwed up type of bondage which is resulting in them ruining their lives and their kids lives- living in an acho chamber, afraid to mix and angry all the time. Guess who's immune system is going to suffer the most?! Stress is a killer. They try to say WE are scared, but I think they are projecting.