Gransnet forums

Health

Fraility Score

(3 Posts)
Franbern Wed 07-Oct-26 15:53:38

I live by myself. Look after myself totally, do my own shopping, cooking, housework, etc.etc.
Yes, I do have various medical conditions, Some quite serous. can manage around my flat just using a trolley to get food, etc from kitchen to living room. Outside I use either a mobility scooter for local things, or my electric wheelchair for anything involving public transport.
I order my own repeat prescriptions and sort out the taking of my different tablets.

Just noticed on my GP's Patient Access records that I have been given a Fraility Score of 0.417, which puts me into the Serious Fraility range.

Had no idea how and when this was tested and what difference it makes to me.
Anyone else noticed such a score in their records?

Charleygirl5 Thu 08-Oct-26 01:38:04

No, thankfully. I was in hospital for 3 days in March. When I returned home, my GP was sending somebody to check my condition. It was a nurse checking my frailty. I live in a 3 bedroom house but have a cleaner and a fellow to cut the large expanse of grass I have. I have never cut it, too much and lawn mower wouldn't e=reach. Like Franbern I am self-sufficient and I keep Amazon out of administration.

The nurse stayed about 10 minutes and left when I said on sunny day, I would probably paint my fencing and shed. I must look for a frailty score!

Truffle43 Thu 08-Oct-26 01:58:30

That is the very first time I have heard of this. I had to look it up.