Rotten potatoes are really in a class of their own, the smell clings to everything. Because I don't like cucumber I tend to forget if I've got one in the fridge. Then DH fancies some and I find myself trying to pick up a bag of gunge!
One of the few things I cooked at school was scones. I obviously got the recipe wrong as they came out of the oven the size of marbles and I shoved them at the back of my desk. When I emptied my desk a couple of terms later I found the bag of fossilised scones. They may still have been edible if you weren't that bothered about your teeth 
Gransnet forums
House and home
Join the conversation
Registering is free, easy, and means you can join the discussion, watch threads and lots more.
Register now »Already registered? Log in with:
Gransnet »

