I use the floor wipes for a quick whiz round (I have an Addis swiffer mop which I use with the wet floor wipes). They are fine for an in-between clean.
I have wood effect laminate in the kitchen and one other room. It looks good and is easy to keep pristine. It's been down for about twelve years and hasn't worn out yet!
I put laminate flooring down when we had the dogs, although the dogs are gone, we have kept the flooring. It's warm and very easy to clean, using a steam mop. As has been said, use good underlay.
You can put specialist underlay under laminate floor. DD laid a laminate floor at ground floor level over a suspended wood floor, inherently chilly and drafty. She laid her laminate on a specialist thin foam plastic and foil underlay and her floors are warm to walk on and not draughty.
I don't have laminate flooring but my son lives in an apartment below someone who does and it is noisy - footsteps, toys dropped, furniture moved etc and I would not like to live there.
We have wood laminate down in the hall. I bought a carpet runner which goes almost the length of the hall, I don't find it cold at all, but I always wear some sort of footwear around the house, as I can't abide walking in bare feet.
Could you have underfloor heating put down underneath?
We have that in the conservatory under a wooden floor, it certainly takes the chill off and is lovely to walk on and for the DGC to sit on and play. Whilst I think you would need a second source of heat as well, it is enough in spring and autumn on its own.
I have laminate flooring in lounge, dining room, 3 bedrooms and landing. I think that I would find it cold underfoot if I did not have scatter rugs with an especially large one in the lounge.
I have good quality downstairs but I did not choose the upstairs and it is much cheaper and is beginning to show its age and will probably have to be reoplaced so that is something to look out for.
We have laminate flooring throughout our apartment and have never found it to be cold at all,we have even had it fitted in our bedroom in the distressed white style and dressing room,I do think it depends on your overall decor and lighting which makes a vast difference to any room,we don't find it cold underfoot even on the coldest days of winter.
I cannot think of any good reason why a laminate floor would be cold at first floor level, unless the accommodation below is unheated.
We have laminated flooring on ground floor rooms as well as upstairs and we have had no problems with it being cold. We do for décor reasons have scatter rugs in most areas, although by no means all. DD has laminate throughout the ground floor of her house, again with scatter rugs and she has not had any cold problems either.
Please can anyone who has laminate floors advise me? I an thinking of having laminate fitted in my first floor sitting room but have been told that it is cold. Have you found it to be cold? Is it just cold to tread on, in which case a rug would presumably help? Or is it that the whole room is colder? Also, how do you look after it please? Thank you. Sue