nansie - I hope someone can give you advice about this. Not me, unfortunately, as I have never rented out a room but it sounds like it could be fraught with pitfalls so you definitely do need to get advice before you go ahead. Are you sure you want them 'to have the run of the place', for instance? What about cooking - are you likely to clash in the kitchen? Bathroom, likewise. Washing machine? Central heating? TV? Seems to me you would need house rules unless you ae an extremely easy-going person. What about visitors in their room - overnight stays - pets? I don't mean to sound downbeat about this but do think carefully.
Gransnet forums
House and home
Join the conversation
Registering is free, easy, and means you can join the discussion, watch threads and lots more.
Register now »Already registered? Log in with:
Gransnet »

