Gransnet forums

House and home

Fridge freezers

(17 Posts)
sunseeker Mon 02-Nov-15 11:49:09

I am looking for a new fridge freezer. I only have a couple of definite requirements - must be frost free (both fridge and freezer) and the freezer must have 4 drawers. I am going cross eyed looking online, do any GNs have any recommendations?

tigger Mon 02-Nov-15 12:02:13

Well it really depends on the spec and how much you want to spend. I have a Maytag with ice and water dispenser, a lot of money when I bought it.

Charleygirl Mon 02-Nov-15 12:09:59

I have a Siemens which is very good and even screams at me if I leave the door open accidentally.

It did cost over £600 but in my opinion was well worth it. Mine is exactly 50/50 with 4 drawers.

harrigran Mon 02-Nov-15 12:26:21

I have a Neff fridge and freezer but they are separate units. Try googling this model Neff K4204X8GB.

J52 Mon 02-Nov-15 13:06:38

Just bought a Hotpoint model, exactly as you describe, for 2nd home after useless Samsung broke down!

Our Hotpoint in main home is 13 yrs old and still going strong.

New one also 'dings' when door is left open.

Bought it on line from 'AO online'. It was delivered in under 24hrs to rural Scotland!

I'd have a look at their website, the models are shown with little videos.

x

Greyduster Mon 02-Nov-15 13:41:30

I'll second Hotpoint. Ours is eleven years old and still doing sterling service. Unfortunately when we moved there was no way it was going to fit in our kitchen so it is now in the garage! But it is far better than the Beko refrigerator that we bought to replace it.

kathleenfrick Sat 16-Apr-16 12:14:02

The specifications you needed are available in large variety. You should go through the popular electrical appliances sites like amtek air, find the freezing unit go through amtek air reviews and decide on fridge freezer to buy.

Charleygirl Sat 16-Apr-16 13:33:51

Look up Amazon to see the number of stars each is allocated.

whitewave Sat 16-Apr-16 13:52:55

Which recommend a Samsung

whitewave Sat 16-Apr-16 14:02:52

Hope to be getting a new kitchen next year and this includes a new f/f. So been looking at them as well, not sure yet.

Cherrytree59 Sat 16-Apr-16 16:53:30

My only advice to myself. Would be never buy a shiny black one again!
My double door beko is great except for the fact that it is the only fridge freezer where I have had to polish the doors!
It shows every mark.
When GC have been its covered in dear little hand prints.
Not to mention DH big ones even though there are two long handles

phoenix Sat 16-Apr-16 17:35:29

Another vote for using AO.com, videos of each appliance, which seem to give the minus points as well as the plus (in other words, not just gushing on about how wonderful the thing is, pointing out the features they DON'T like as well!)

They price match as well, plus really fast delivery.

I too thought I wanted a 4 drawer freezer, but actually ended up with a 3 drawer! Same capacity, but the bigger drawer means I can get a large turkey in it!

Charleygirl Sat 16-Apr-16 18:36:05

phoenix I also noticed that AO.com do not charge much for delivery (in comparison with others) and the delivery appears to be speedy.

pkfridges Mon 14-Oct-19 11:03:53

Take a look at fridgesreviews.com/rca-rfr440-white-fridge-4-5-cubic-feet-white-2/. May be you find best fridge according to your needs.

BlueBelle Mon 14-Oct-19 11:34:40

I need a new one too but need one that has a larger freezer than fridge as my fridge is nearly always half empty but they all seem to be the other way round annoyingly

FlexibleFriend Mon 14-Oct-19 20:21:32

Samsung from A.O .com can't go wrong.

ladymuck Wed 06-Nov-19 07:20:00

I have just bought an Ice King fridge/freezer. It's just the right size for me, I was happy with the price and delivery was included. It had to be carried up a flight of stairs, but that was no problem. I bought it from a local trader, not one of the big names. They even took away the old one at no extra charge.