My GC have traditional names and the correct spelling, not an invented spelling of the name. Where I live there are a lot of children with surnames as forenames, reminds me of prep school where boys were referred to by surname only.
Please can we have the power to delete our own posts?
Pension lump sum - what to do with it
Why does your hair always look great the as soon as you make an appointment to get it cut?


No matter what it is, after a couple of weeks you'll not be able to imagine the little one being called anything else. I'm pretty certain my DS and DDIL were having us on when they let us into some of their shortlisted names - we just kept smiling brightly (and dying inside). As it happens, both their boys were given slightly unusual, but traditional names, that had never been mentioned at all.... 

. I do like solid traditional names. Would love to suggest some but as she's now told me what name she is thinking of I dare not or it'll be seen as a criticism.