Gransnet forums

House and home

adjustable beds and sheets

(6 Posts)
allule Thu 06-Oct-16 12:07:31

I'm thinking of getting adjustable beds, as my husband has mobility problems. I'm looking at a king size with two separate units, but am wondering whether these cause problems with separate fitted sheets, and whether one would drag the other out of place.
Does anyone have any experience of this?

tanith Thu 06-Oct-16 14:24:41

Wouldn't singles make life easier?

allule Fri 07-Oct-16 13:01:14

Our bedroom is only just big enough for our present king size bed, so it wouldn't make a lot of difference if we had a dual or two small singles, as they would have to be pushed together. Might make the sheets work better though.
Perhaps someone has tried this?

granjura Fri 07-Oct-16 13:14:45

Some companies do special sheets for those beds- detached at both ends but joined in the middle. Will go and look.

Jalima Fri 07-Oct-16 15:18:17

Some of the beds have mattresses that zip together; you could have a large bottom sheet, nothing would move or slide apart when zipped up, and two single duvets for ease of changing.

The mattresses may be joined but you would not feel the other person moving around either!

Lise Tue 03-Jan-17 19:11:22

I found the best sheets for adjustable beds at www.koalabedsheets.com. It's a special design that fits perfectly. A low price because the blanket is included. I'm sure you will be satisfied. Don't miss the boxing days !