Gransnet forums

House and home

cleaning bathroom tiles

(12 Posts)
Morgana Sun 23-Apr-17 18:15:42

This is a job that I have been putting off for a long time, but I think I need to get on with it!! I have recently bought one of those Karcher window cleaner things, haven't used it yet, but am wondering if this would be a good way to clean my bathroom tiles. Anyone do this?

annodomini Sun 23-Apr-17 19:05:29

Good idea, Morgana. I've been meaning to try out the Karcher window vac on the tiling in the bathroom. Maybe tomorrow.

Iam64 Sun 23-Apr-17 19:15:43

Has anyone used a steam cleaner to clean the grubby grouting on bathroom tiles? I keep meaning to do this.

hildajenniJ Sun 23-Apr-17 19:42:53

I've got wet & forget weekly shower spray. It's excellent stuff and inhibits the growth of mould. I have had success in the past with my steam cleaner.

Purpledaffodil Sun 23-Apr-17 19:51:36

I've tried it Iam64 but the grouting still looked a bit grubby. I would recommend the HG bathroom mould spray which brings grout up beautifully, even floor ceramics! Got this recommendation from GN last year and it is great.

Iam64 Sun 23-Apr-17 22:15:51

Thanks, will use with elbow grease. The steam cleaner was one of those buys that was going to make cleaning easier, leave everywhere sparking ??

rosesarered Sun 23-Apr-17 22:45:37

Iam my DH bought a steam cleaner and did the bathroom floor tiles, cleaned the tiles well but the grouting didn't clean at all

Iam64 Mon 24-Apr-17 18:54:25

Ah thanks roses. The tiles need a shine and it sounds as though the steamer will work for that and I'll need the HD cleaner for the small grout areas that have got a bit grim.

Welshwife Mon 24-Apr-17 19:20:37

DD found tile grout - even on the floor - cleaned up well if the little nozzle attachment on the steam cleaner was used. Not having a steam cleaner I used Ajax and a washing up sponge on the scrubby side for the bathroom tiles. I found on the upright grout the HG stuff ran down and away - but absolutely great for the silicone as well as horizontal grout.

conallsmith Tue 06-Jun-17 06:45:03

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

MarjorieStevens Sat 29-Jul-17 12:13:56

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Charleygirl Sat 29-Jul-17 12:18:17

I doubt if this company will travel from the USA to London. Somehow I do not think my pension would be sufficient to cover the cost.