Gransnet forums

House and home

Housework to Music

(14 Posts)
Kateykrunch Wed 26-Jul-17 11:33:42

We play the rousing Hooked on Classics to invigorate us into housework and as according to a recent Daily Mail article, "dust makes you fat" (and my house is looking like a hovel), on goes the music, very rousing, done the lounge, but we have put on the wrong (thanks Alexa) section and its playing very smooth soothing classics, we are currently relaxing on the settee, our impetus has gone, ooops Scotland the Brave just started, now wheres my duster lol.

JackyB Wed 26-Jul-17 11:42:09

I listen to podcasts. Whether it's a past edition of Woman's Hour, or In our Time, it's nice to have something to think about whilst doing mindless housework.

goldengirl Wed 26-Jul-17 11:46:03

Bring back Housewives Choice?????

TriciaF Wed 26-Jul-17 11:49:22

Before I gave up vacuuming (husband does it now) I liked to have rock&roll type music playing while I toiled. Favourite was Billy Joel:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eAQa4MOGkE
Or one of the Stones.

Ilovecheese Wed 26-Jul-17 11:58:07

I don't do as much housework as I used to, but I used to listen to Michael Jackson or Duran Duran while I did it.

Alima Wed 26-Jul-17 11:58:20

T Rex I Love to Boogie is brilliant as background for scrubbing the kitchen floor. Rod Stewart for taking the pain of cooking away.

rosesarered Wed 26-Jul-17 11:58:22

I put a local station on (Jack) mainly rock, gets you working away at top speed,
Especially the ironing.grin

gillybob Wed 26-Jul-17 12:02:32

Oh my "go to" housework music at the moment is a triple album of Reggae music.

There's nothing like vacuuming to the Israelites by Desmond Decker
or
Dusting to Three Little Birds by Bob Marley.

Agree about "I love to Boogie" Alima I could whizz through the entire house with that on repeat!

Norah Wed 26-Jul-17 12:58:21

Bob Seger's Old Time Rock n Roll

grannysue05 Wed 26-Jul-17 13:02:56

Elvis anyone ?

Norah Wed 26-Jul-17 13:03:56

Billy Ray Cyrus, Achy Breaky Heart

Liz46 Wed 26-Jul-17 13:07:12

Freddie Mercury (on loud) makes kitchen cleaning almost bearable.

gillybob Wed 26-Jul-17 13:10:42

Billy Ray Cyrus, Achy Breaky Heart

Oh Norah I would get nothing done to that as I would have to line dance around the room while it was playing.

Teetime Wed 26-Jul-17 15:23:47

We use Amazon Prime Music and put on one of the many playlists - Wednesday tends to be big housework day and today we had Jazz for Dinner Parties nice mixture.