Gransnet forums

House and home

Glass cloth tea towels? Simply the best I think.

(15 Posts)
Nelliemoser Fri 29-Dec-17 12:56:52

I am another one who does not get particulary anxious about germs on tea towels. Well within reason, I would not mop the floor with one. I have never yet caused anyone to be ill as a result of poor food hygiene .

eazybee Fri 29-Dec-17 12:47:05

I always use linen tea towels, but they are becoming increasingly difficult to find, and very expensive.
Glass tea towels, intended for drying glass and china without leaving smears, are made of natural linen (I think) and have a red or blue stripe down the middle. Now frequently seen on upmarket cushions and upholstery.

MissAdventure Fri 29-Dec-17 11:28:02

Now there's a surprise. wink

Fennel Fri 29-Dec-17 11:21:04

"tea towels carry too many germs "
A few years ago there was a very long thread about this, something like "How often do you change your teatowel?"
The arguments became quite heated smile

kittylester Fri 29-Dec-17 11:19:10

Er, what is a glass cloth tea towel?

Witzend Fri 29-Dec-17 11:11:11

We have a dishwasher - have done for ages - that is used all the time, but I still use tea towels. Sometimes need to wash and dry something in a hurry, or for various things that can't go in the dishwasher.

Not long ago I went to a kitchen design person ((never did re do ancient kitchen though) who bossily told me I wouldn't need a draining board if I had a dishwasher.
Er, yes, I most certainly would!

Auntieflo Wed 27-Dec-17 22:57:22

I don't know why 1974cookie really needs tea towels when she has just bought a new dishwasher confused

BlueBelle Wed 27-Dec-17 22:55:07

‘Too many germs’ ha strange how I m still alive
Yes probably a wind up I guess

mcem Wed 27-Dec-17 22:19:15

Windup??
Could anyone really get excited about this /bother to post on GN /expect others to become involved?

glammanana Wed 27-Dec-17 21:53:47

I let things drain or use dishwasher tea towels carry too many germs however clean you are,

shysal Wed 27-Dec-17 19:30:31

I find Terry ones do a good job. I don't dry much, I let most things drain. I don't have a dishwasher.

Bathsheba Wed 27-Dec-17 19:08:23

willsmadnan tchgrin

willsmadnan Wed 27-Dec-17 19:02:08

Sorry, but what miraculous tea towels are you referring to? Don't the bog standard linen/cotton ones do the same thing?? Can't really get ecstatic about something so mind -bendingly ordinary. Maybe I'm missing somethingtchconfused

MissAdventure Wed 27-Dec-17 18:52:12

I always had a problem keeping them stain free, so I gave up on them in the end.

1974cookie Wed 27-Dec-17 18:50:58

Oh Happy, Happy Day. I managed to get hold of a couple of these brilliant Tea Towels in a sale and they still cost me nearly £4 each !!
My late Mum would have had a fit if she knew what they cost now. Am I the only one who thinks that these Tea Towels really are the absolute best? Nothing dries like these as far as I am concerned so despite the cost, money well spent. Am I alone in this thought Gransnetters? ?.