Gransnet forums

House and home

Best quality pillows that don't sink?

(9 Posts)
grannymouse303 Wed 17-Jan-18 11:45:56

I don't know about anyone else but I'm fed up of replacing my pillows because they've sunken after a few months of using.

Can anyone recommend a long-lasting brand?

kittylester Wed 17-Jan-18 12:00:07

Memory foam don't sink and give really good neck support. We bought Tempur but there are other brands.

janeainsworth Wed 17-Jan-18 12:05:10

This one. Expensive but worth it.

Squiffy Wed 17-Jan-18 12:49:43

Buckwheat pillows every time! You can add or remove the buckwheat to suit how hard or soft you like your pillow to be, and it lasts and lasts.

hildajenniJ Wed 17-Jan-18 14:01:20

Mine's another note for buckwheat pillows. I won't sleep on anything else.

glammanana Wed 17-Jan-18 14:52:45

I also use buckwheat pillows I even take mine on hols with me,I also have a good pair of comfy pillows from JLewis that do not sag in any way and have had them for about 4 yrs.I cannot remember the name but they where about £38 for two nice deep pillows.

gillybob Wed 17-Jan-18 15:01:25

We recently bought some quite expensive breathable pillows from NEXT (especially designed for side sleepers). They seemed brilliant for a couple of weeks but have pretty much gone the same as the cheaper ones. mind you it could be that I turn mine over and over all night and have been known to punch them quite a bit too.

TwiceAsNice Wed 17-Jan-18 17:14:15

Never heard of buckwheat pillows. Bought new duck down pillows a couple of years ago from Dunelm. They are great. And I've washed them ok.

shysal Wed 17-Jan-18 17:35:33

I love my Dormeo Octaspring pillow which was free with a mattress topper. It feels like a brick but supports really well with no sore ears! I have seen one advertised on TV recently by the same company, called Octasense, which is soft on one side and gives support on the other. They all contain sort of 'springs' formed from memory foam. Not cheap but worth it for a good night's sleep.
I hope you find something to suit you.
www.dormeo.co.uk/octaspring/octaspring-pillows.html