Gransnet forums

House and home

Shaking it up a bit

(6 Posts)
Nannylovesshopping Sun 08-Apr-18 12:46:03

Have decided to decorate my dining room as the weather is too damn wet to get in my beloved garden. Am changing colours from sedate grey, lilacs and pink to orange mustard and lime, think existing grey blinds will still go, have decided also to change the furniture round, table in sideboards place, etc, have no idea where spaniels chair is going, haha, it’s certainly going to look different, reminds me of long ago when I changed bedroom round, moved bed to other wall and husband (ex) couldn’t find bed in the dark, nearly got into the wardrobe instead, upon reflection several years later, with the bed hopping he’d done, shouldn’t have been too difficult for himhmm sorry, gone off track, what do you do to shake things up a bit?

MrsJamJam Sun 08-Apr-18 13:59:43

Moving the furniture round is always good. And if spring has sprung I shall wash and pack away winter woollies, thick socks etc. Also need to clean the kitchen window as the sun has moved round enough to shine through it in the evening and now you can see all the dirty marksblush

hildajenniJ Sun 08-Apr-18 14:06:20

I have a happy knack of confusing my DH by rearranging my kitchen worktops. I have been trying to make it more workable since we moved in sixteen years ago. ??

lemongrove Sun 08-Apr-18 16:09:57

That sounds like a funky colour scheme Nanny maybe post a pic of it when you are done? smile
I don’t change furniture around ( it never occured to me!) but change soft furnishings now and then ( not often though) or a new picture, canvas, candle or lamp.
Mr Lemongrove is always baffled by the concept of new anything.

Cherrytree59 Sun 08-Apr-18 16:11:02

We have orange blinds in our kitchen.
I love them,
They have brightened up a miserable winter.
When I come down in the morning, if the sun is shining through it makes a lovely
orange glow round the kitchensunshine.

Your dining room is going to be lovely and bright Nannylovesshopingsmile

catherine123 Fri 13-Apr-18 16:00:16

i love cushions so cushions curtains change the theme, got some china from age concern so thats going in kitchen on shelves glass bottles going away and maybe new pictures a change is as good as a rest so they say.