Gransnet forums

House and home

Fitted Sheets

(12 Posts)
NudeJude Tue 10-Apr-18 18:04:32

I need to buy some new fitted sheets for our king size bed, because the last lot I bought appear to have shrunk a bit and are now really difficult to pull on, exposing bits of the mattress. I've measured the mattress at 10" deep, but all the sheets I look at seem to be 12" upwards. My question is: If you buy sheets that are too deep does the extra slide out making the bed messy because of the excess fabric, or will the extra just tuck under and stay put? Any thoughts ladies?

Situpstraight Tue 10-Apr-18 18:25:46

Well, they are likely to shrink to the correct size as well, so buy the 12 inch ones, mine haven’t shrunk, but an inch either side isn’t much to worry about.

Greyduster Tue 10-Apr-18 18:34:37

Some of our king size sheets are a bit of a stretch too, but I am hoping they will be a better fit on the new mattress we have just ordered as it is not quite as deep as the present one. I would get the 12” ones too.

Lyndylou Tue 10-Apr-18 20:42:54

Yes I would buy the 12" ones. My bed is not easy to change as one long side is against a wall. I have struggled to put the fitted sheets on before as I have to crawl up the bed to fit one corner. I recently bought extra deep fitted sheets from M&S and I wondered if there would be too much fabric but they are great, much easier to fit and they stay where they are supposed to be.

Linenchick68 Sun 15-Apr-18 14:33:10

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

MawBroon Sun 15-Apr-18 15:13:55

?Ere we go, ‘ere we go, ‘ere we go ?

Just omitting the link doesn’t mean it is not spam.
And poor mabon1 is probably having to lie down in a darkened room grin

Situpstraight Sun 15-Apr-18 15:17:26

At least she isnt shouting this time

MawBroon Sun 15-Apr-18 15:26:00

Interesting use/non-use of capitals though confused

Linenchick68 Sun 15-Apr-18 15:41:49

I just thought everyone would like to here about some linen that’s nice, how do I delete my comment

MawBroon Sun 15-Apr-18 15:44:57

I wouldn’t worry, GNHQ will probably do it for you and direct you to the forum guidelines as well hmm

lemongrove Sun 15-Apr-18 15:50:41

I only buy flat sheets not fitted, just prefer them.

Linenchick68 Sun 15-Apr-18 15:54:21

thank you MawBroon i didn't mean to upset everyone