Gransnet forums

House and home

Sofas

(10 Posts)
Auntieflo Mon 30-Jul-18 12:45:17

Well, they've gone, the old sofas that is. We ordered new ones whilst in holiday, and they are due to be delivered tomorrow. The lounge now looks very spacious, but we are having to sit in Lloyd Loom bedroom chairs. They are comfy, but can't squidge up in them. I just had a quick look at the thread on GPlan furniture, (our new ones are GPlan) hope we've done the right thing. But, and this is the thing, a while ago, there was a thread on throws for leather sofas. Does anyone remember if there was anything suitable, that didn't immediately fall off? I couldn't find it. Any help gratefully received, thanks.

FlexibleFriend Mon 30-Jul-18 14:10:34

No idea, I bought a new leather sofa in December, it's covered in throws as the Pugs think it's theirs and none of the throws fall off. I tuck them in where I can but the ones on the arms just sit there and rarely need adjusting.

Auntieflo Tue 31-Jul-18 17:33:29

I think I might prefer to have my sofas covered in Pugs smile

FlexibleFriend Wed 01-Aug-18 12:51:47

Yeah but their nails cause a lot of damage to the leather, or did you mean Pugskin?

Auntieflo Wed 01-Aug-18 13:50:25

Oh Flexiblefriend, I wouldn't be so cruel. I love pugs and their many and varied persona. I know about their nails, we had a beautiful little Cairn at one time. So, your pug is safe with me, can I borrow him? ?

FlexibleFriend Wed 01-Aug-18 18:26:35

There's five of them so plenty to go around three girls and two boys and you're right they're all different in their own way. Two of the girls I've had from pups and the other three are re-homes but you'd never guess which was which.

Auntieflo Thu 02-Aug-18 14:04:34

FF, I am indeed very jealous of your pug pack. We decided a while ago, at our ages, not to have any more animals, so I have to get my fix from the neighbour's beautiful boxer pup.

FlexibleFriend Thu 02-Aug-18 14:27:51

They are lovely but Pugs are my compromise to being pretty immobile. I used to have 3 Dobermanns but when they went and they're not very long lived, I transferred my affections to Pugs and they keep multiplying every time I see another in need of a home. I've stopped looking or there'll be no room for. At least the Dobies sat on the floor. I had a mad Boxer in my 30's they are gorgeous dogs, such lovable clowns.

jamessmith Tue 19-Mar-19 17:01:10

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

grannyqueenie Tue 19-Mar-19 17:21:40

Reported as spam