Gransnet forums

House and home

Cooling machines.

(7 Posts)
loopyloo Wed 08-Aug-18 11:17:48

I know it's a bit cooler but has anyone tried air coolers? I am looking at the coolform mini aircon. I would love a Dyson but they are £400.

rubytut Wed 08-Aug-18 12:17:39

The Dyson one is excellent though. I would not bother buying one now, the heat has just about finished. I would buy one in the winter when they are cheaper ready for next year.

Fennel Wed 08-Aug-18 17:29:30

Reminds me of a cartoon I saw in the local paper yesterday.
People in macks and souwesters queueing up outside a Cooling Salon. Inside, someone standing beneath a cold shower.

HAZBEEN Wed 08-Aug-18 17:34:57

I suffer badly with the heat (still getting hot flushes) and a couple of years ago my OH bought me an Air Cooler from a local charity shop. To be honest I havent used it that much until this year. Now I know why I love him!

JonathanMetcalf Fri 03-May-19 07:44:31

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

kittylester Fri 03-May-19 07:58:09

Reported

Auntieflo Fri 03-May-19 08:53:12

We used to have an air cooler. One that you put water inside, and a fan wafted the, supposed, cooled air around. It wasn’t a great success, and I eventually Freecycled it.
Then a couple of winters ago, when our central heating boiler was not working properly, we bought a Dyson heater and cooler fan. It’s been brilliant, and, it takes up much less space.