Gransnet forums

House and home

curtain poles

(12 Posts)
sandye Wed 22-Aug-18 18:30:09

Does anyone know how to get over the snag on an extending curtain pole. One pole slides into another causing a little lip that snags the rings. Any ideas

Elegran Wed 22-Aug-18 18:38:46

Wrap sellotape round the join to cover the lip? It would have to be smoothly done so it doesn't make its own lip!

Nandalot Wed 22-Aug-18 18:42:25

It’s annoying isn’t it! If I go to be before my DH there is a gap where it gets stuck. DH being tall has no problem, he just lifts the curtain over the lip. Will watch the this thread for a solution.

Culag Wed 22-Aug-18 19:19:15

How about curtain draw rods? Fixed to the last hook, they would enable you to lift it over the join. J L sell them.

sandye Wed 22-Aug-18 19:25:05

It came with a little plastic connector thing that OH thought was rubbish so binned it. so annoying!!

kathsue Wed 22-Aug-18 19:29:07

Like so many other things they are designed for 6' men to operate grrr.
The draw rod sounds like a good idea.

MiniMoon Wed 22-Aug-18 20:49:52

Mine are the same. I just yank the curtains over the joint. DH is tall enough to reach up and lifts the curtain gently over the bump. You would think that the designers of these things would have solved this problem, but sadly not.

SpringyChicken Thu 23-Aug-18 09:13:13

Contact the customer service department for the manufacturer to ask for a replacement? I used to do this when they kids lost/broke vital parts of their toys and it’s surprising how often they could help.

sandye Sun 26-Aug-18 18:10:12

Thank you Springychicken. Good idea

Beverly1 Sat 19-Jan-19 18:19:39

Late to join the conversation, but i have been racking my brains for days trying to solve this. Driven myself barmy. Decided just to buy a new pole and accept that it is easy to do. Have a central bracket but that is fine as the curtain leading edge goes past this.
I ended up buying the following from Direct Fabrics. DH fitted and really happy i dont have to snag over the top of the join in the extendable one.

jamessmith Sun 17-Mar-19 12:17:07

You should contact the customer service department for the manufacturer to ask for a replacement. They surely will help you. Good luck!!!

ninathenana Sun 17-Mar-19 13:48:50

smile just what SpringyChicken said back in 8/18 jamessmith