Gransnet forums

House and home

Deodorise Tupperware

(6 Posts)
Alexa Wed 10-Oct-18 12:21:19

I have tried steeping in white vinegar but the smells persist. I find that the best way is coffee grounds or instant coffee crystals. Some smells persist regardless. Please inform me!

Baggs Wed 10-Oct-18 12:42:10

Have you tried a concentrated solution of Bicarbonate of Soda, left in the containers for a day?

shysal Wed 10-Oct-18 14:30:51

A while ago I bought a vintage salad shaker/basket and also asked GNetters for their advice. I tried everything suggested including soaking in a bucket of vinegar. Eventually I gave up and left it on a garden table in the sunshine and the musty smell disappeared gradually over several weeks.
Good luck!

Alexa Wed 10-Oct-18 20:02:37

Baggs, I have not tried concentrated soln of soda bic. Will do.Thanks.

The worse offender for lingering smell is Gaviscon liquid which I decant as the bottles are hard to shake.

pollyolly Wed 10-Oct-18 20:18:29

DH and I have 4DC, 13 DGC,we buy them all plus DDILs and DSILs birthday and Christmas presents,which ,although we are retired, we manage.Now it gets difficult because the older 5 DGC have GFs and BFs.we cannot start to buy them presents too. Oldest DGS and his GF have birthdays only 2 days apart, so when we visit to give DGS his present it was his GF birthday too.
Have other Gransnetters this problem and perhaps a solution?

Jalima1108 Wed 10-Oct-18 20:21:30

Tupperware boxes?

Sorry, pollyolly, could not resist - but I think you have the wrong thread; there is another one on Christmas gifts, or perhaps you could start one.
smile
Or perhaps tokens between them if they now have GFs and BFs?