Gransnet forums

House and home

Storage bags

(4 Posts)
Nandalot Fri 16-Nov-18 17:36:02

Can anyone recommend a reliable make of storage bag, the sort you suck the air out of with a vacuum to reduce the size? All the ones I have tried gradually let the air in and return to normal size. Thank you.

Scribbles Fri 16-Nov-18 18:45:45

I bought some from Lakeland when we downsized. They've been brilliant for storing spare bedding and seasonal clothing. One pack of rarely-used stuff was filled and had the air sucked out of it at least 2 and a half years ago but when I looked at it last week, it was still very solidly air-free.
See www.lakeland.co.uk/24143/Lakeland-Vacuum-Clothes-and-Duvet-Storage-Tote-Bag---87L-Jumbo

Nandalot Fri 16-Nov-18 20:32:48

Thanks Scribbles. I was in the new one only yesterday. Did you see they have one in the centre of town now, in the redevelopment part of the Cornhill.

Scribbles Sat 17-Nov-18 11:56:57

I only found out about the move a couple of days ago - they're now only a few steps away from my hairdressers so very convenient! I shall probably be in there Monday or Tuesday trying to find a suitable replacement for my cat- food storage container that I don't think they stock now!