Gransnet forums

House and home

Bath mistake

(11 Posts)
Twin2 Fri 18-Jan-19 17:23:32

New bath lovely. Chose plug to be in middle looked good But lying in bath, each time I move (a bit over weight) the water runs out ?

PECS Fri 18-Jan-19 17:28:30

It will have been designed for looks not practicality! I have had this debate with DD2s partner, a builder Jack of all Trades. His work always looks stunning and is of good quality but is full of practical conundrums!

mumofmadboys Fri 18-Jan-19 17:59:22

I am sure you will get used to it and sit/ lie slightly differently to avoid the plug

lemongrove Fri 18-Jan-19 18:07:51

If the plug is placed centrally, very hard to avoid it. Just shows how careful you have to be when buying stylish things!?

seacliff Fri 18-Jan-19 18:11:02

Oh dear, could you put some sort of comfy shower mat over the plug?

jeanie99 Mon 21-Jan-19 01:17:45

Just use a bath mat, take out wipe down when not in use.
You'll still have the style of the bath and not be uncomfortable when bathing.
The other option is to replace the bath.

Coolgran65 Mon 21-Jan-19 02:00:27

Should the bath not be fit for purpose?
If the water runs out so readily perhaps the supplier needs to replace it with a bath that works....or a fitting that works.

Coolgran65 Mon 21-Jan-19 02:01:57

Sorry, my post there sounded snippy. didn't mean to.

BlueBelle Mon 21-Jan-19 04:04:58

Well water should never run out wherever you plug hole is situated so you have a faulty bath
Isn’t it uncomfortable lying on a plug

Humbertbear Mon 21-Jan-19 09:23:00

We made the mistake of buying a larger bath. The grandchildren love it because it is so roomy but The trouble is that you can never fill it up with hot water as it cools down before it is full enough to lie in (by the way, I shower anyway. It’s my daughter who complains).

PamelaJ1 Mon 21-Jan-19 09:33:38

We have a bath with a plug in the centre.
I do have to press quite firmly to release the mechanism when I’ve finished bathing. I do have a mat in the bath, I slipped once and cracked a rib, I don’t want to do that again!
Maybe there is something that needs adjusting in your plug?