Gransnet forums

House and home

SMEG Electric Oven (2) with six gas rings

(9 Posts)
Foxyloxy Mon 18-Mar-19 13:53:57

Thanks J52, I tried that, and left if off all night. I have now put in a call to SMEG for help, it is under guarantee but I did not want to call anyone if I could resolve it myself.wink

J52 Mon 18-Mar-19 12:46:49

When my induction hob locks ( set off my my zealous cleaning) I turn it off at the socket switch and then on again. It reverts back to the pre set settings. Might work for you.

Foxyloxy Mon 18-Mar-19 12:36:12

Tabitha, thank you for your link, we will be trying that out.

We have no messages or codes nothing - other than the red lock light. We of course, went to the manual initially, then interrogated the internet, have contacted SMEG (waiting for a reply). Have had the cooker two and half years, and this is the first glitch. Fortunately there are two ovens and only the large one has locked.

Once again, thank all of you for your input.

Feelingmyage55 Mon 18-Mar-19 10:28:09

On washing machines, when child locked, to unlock, hold button down for a “Long” 5 seconds. Same may work for oven.

tanith Mon 18-Mar-19 10:25:02

Scroll down to Step 2

Good luck

tanith Mon 18-Mar-19 10:24:11

I think they have a child lock function ,

Not sure if this link will work but I’ll try anyway

www.hunker.com/12499579/how-to-troubleshoot-smeg-ovens

FlexibleFriend Mon 18-Mar-19 10:07:33

No clue what you mean by locked, if you haven't got the instruction manual look for it on line.

SpringyChicken Mon 18-Mar-19 10:07:01

Couldn’t you phone Smeg customer service and ask them?

Foxyloxy Mon 18-Mar-19 10:02:13

I am in a quandary! My oven has locked (by accident) and I can find no instructions on how to open it. Has anyone else had this problem, and can guide me through it, before I am forced to call out an engineer please.
Thank you in advance