Gransnet forums

House and home

So now noisy neighbours have broken part of my fence

(8 Posts)
Charlie888 Sat 01-Jun-19 19:03:30

In the last few days came home to find that some of my fences slats has been moved aside and one of the slats broken leaving a big gap.

Knocked and asked what happened she didn’t understand. hmm I told it ends now no more excessive noise, will not be picking up after her kids. I want the fence repaired. Says her son doesn’t understand about throwing things. Told her Her problem not mine to deal with.

Told her 4 bbqs a week is unfair as I want to open windows, doors and have washing out. She says her husband likes bbqs.

Contacted owner and letting agent who saw them next day. Gave the agent a date to have the fence fixed by. She finally says her husband broke by accident ?

glammanana Sat 01-Jun-19 19:35:03

Good for you so many people think they can get away with anti-social behaviour with out any thing said to them.
Well done on involving the owner and agent they may keep a watch on what is going on now.
Anything else even the smallest thing I would report to the owner who will get fed up with them and the complaints they are bringing to his door.

Charleygirl5 Sat 01-Jun-19 19:37:10

I agree and with luck, they will receive a notice to quit- that behaviour is unacceptable.

Charlie888 Sat 01-Jun-19 21:39:25

Sorry could not respond sooner logging on issues. Thank you for responses.

Thanks have an earlier post re noisy neighbours.

Charlygirl not impressed with agent. If I had toothache so would he. He oddly damaged a fence accidentally? What are all these people doing to fences??

Glammanana. Have given them over 6 weeks to settle in. Being constantly being pelted by toys, stones footballs and food Unbelievable noise sounds like they are dismantling the house. Kids screaming. Mama says they like throwing things and are mostly unsupervised. shock. They like 3/4 bbqs a week. I love bbqs this smells grim and is a total bad smell fest. I want to hang washing out and have windows open. Going to Ll was last resort

. Have had families with kids renting there no problems absolutely delightful. Fed up with them attaching planters heavy elec cables to my fence.

I even took their kids chocs to make them feel welcome

Thanks for the kind words.

sorry for long post.

gilf2019 Tue 11-Jun-19 11:07:02

God you're very effective, wish I was like you but at least you were able to get some action. I live in Shared Ownership in a beautiful area of Devon having lost my home due to illness. I thought this would be my forever home but the neighbours have made my life hell. The children scream and shout so much (there are 10 children in a small close of 10 houses!) that I can't hear the news. They don't come out to play until 5pm, then don't go in again until 9pm. My other neighbour tried asking the parents to stop the screaming and was threatened, the Housing Association refuse to do anything and I'm going to have to move house again...that'll be 11 homes in 20 years!! Nightmare!

Charlie888 Wed 19-Jun-19 07:47:40

Sorry only just seen your post.
Gilf so sorry to hear this but am not surprised this is shockingly bad. I tried think what I would do.
Contact local authority for a form regarding the nuisance they will send you a diary type form
There should be a housing officer responsible
Make sure you ask the housing offer what they propose to do about the noise nuisance if they are unhelpful ask them to provide you with a complaint form which you could send to the ombudsman that governs housing associations
Make an appointment with your local MP or email them likely they will contact HA (mine was superb)
Contact your community police for advice they will be helpful and record your concern
The reason I say do all of the above it gives you a bit of clout if you decide you want to move on
Your neighbours sound horrid so not engage or argue.
You can do this.

BlueBelle Wed 19-Jun-19 08:17:40

What a shame you choose a home in the wrong environment gilf I can’t understand you complaining about children playing from 5 until 9pm (4 hours of letting of steam after being stuck in a school for 6 or 7 hours) and I don’t understand your shock at 10 kids in 10 houses sounds a reasonable number
11 homes in 20 years sounds a lot of moves, were they all for the same sort of thing maybe an elderly persons complex would suit you better There they would be no kids to annoy you
I think it’s very healthy for kids to play out and of course they scream and shout that’s just what kids do
What an over reaction Charlie there is nothing in gilf post to suggest these children are doing anything wrong other than playing noisily and are in by 9 not midnight
Unbelievable

Charlie888 Wed 19-Jun-19 09:45:10

Blue. The other neighbour who complained was threatened that is not okay

Perhaps if you lived in the midst of this you would not think it an overreaction

I agree that if all the other houses are occupied with kids find somewhere more suitable

HA choices are probably limited due to demand so Gilf may not have had much choice and finding somewhere more suitable may take time.