Gransnet forums

House and home

Three viewings today

(21 Posts)
mosaicwarts Fri 26-Jul-19 09:23:49

Hello everyone, I changed EA about six weeks ago and am lucky enough to have three viewings today - 10.30, 11 am and again at 3.30 pm. They've only given 30 minutes for each viewing, it's not really long enough but I wasn't involved when they booked the appointments.

The person doing the viewings is a trusted acquaintance from the past, and he really likes the house.

Many of you know I'm scared of being here another winter but I'm now mentally prepared. I've bought some slow burning briquettes from Letko so I can keep the fires going day and night, big wood delivery planned for next pension day. I've been here twenty years and survived the winters, this fear has come over me since my husband died.

Fingers crossed they are serious viewers and not just exploring their 'childhood dreams' of being a station master!

Have a great day!

Auntieflo Fri 26-Jul-19 09:39:14

?Mosaicwarts, and all the best for today.
I have been following your ‘blog’ with Craftyone, on another thread, and wonder how on earth you all cope. I think we will stay put here for as long as we possibly can. How folk can pull out at the last minute is beyond belief, and there should be a penalty clause built into the agreements.

DanniRae Fri 26-Jul-19 10:07:16

Good Luck!! smile

Squiffy Fri 26-Jul-19 10:30:30

Knowing how perverse life can be Mosaic, I expect that your house will sell instantly now that you've ordered your winter fuel!

Wishing you the best of luck today!

Grammaretto Fri 26-Jul-19 11:01:22

Wishing you successful viewings and lots of offers!
Has the EA anymore in the pipeline?
Look forward to hearing this evening how it went.

Luckygirl Fri 26-Jul-19 12:45:17

3 viewings - that's good. But 30 minutes is a bit mingy!

Charleygirl5 Fri 26-Jul-19 12:48:56

Sorry, what is EA?

tanith Fri 26-Jul-19 12:52:09

Estate agent Charleygirl ?

GrandmaKT Fri 26-Jul-19 13:04:22

Fingers crossed mosaic. Let us know how the viewings went!

welshmist Fri 26-Jul-19 13:12:33

good luck

Jane10 Fri 26-Jul-19 13:20:33

Good luck. It's such a strange time isn't it. You want people to love your house and its hurtful when some people don't seem to. I agree that it would be just typical if it was snapped up today. Then you could sell the new owners the winter stock of fuel?

MawBroonsback Fri 26-Jul-19 14:12:05

Oh I had missed that this is an ex- railway station - how lovely. Is it really remote though? Mixed blessing, especially in winter!

mosaicwarts Fri 26-Jul-19 14:23:22

First two viewings positive apparently smile they commented that they thought I had great taste and was very artistic! Obviously not going to offer, but nice of them to say nice things!

I'm absolutely boiling but pleased with myself. When I left for the viewings to happen I knew I had a ragwort plant growing on the windowsill, but just couldn't face it first thing. The neighbour's field is full of it - and horses, poor things - and one had seeded on the upper window sill by the sky dish. I got back determined to tackle it and through a combination of my jumping vertically whilst bashing it with the hoe have successfully removed it without me having to take the huge ladder downstairs. I've also cut off the brambles that have suddenly extended their branches everywhere, triffids!

Last viewing today at 3.30 pm. I was so disappointed last night .. thought I'd have some ice cream as didn't feel like eating. Fished around in the freezer and found the box, bought it in the kitchen ... leftover curry! Forgot I'd recycled the ice cream box sad Taking my dog to the ice cream parlour when the viewing is on, I'm going to have a double scoop!

Ellianne Fri 26-Jul-19 14:23:50

That sounds promising, good luck. We had an open day and viewers were given 20 minutes, there were 8 lots of them.

Ellianne Fri 26-Jul-19 14:25:43

By the way mosaicwarts, has your dog tried doggy ice cream?

mosaicwarts Fri 26-Jul-19 16:57:29

Hi Ellianne, he has tried doggy ice cream but didn't like the one he was offered - not sure of the flavour!

So, two good and one bad today.

I have just had to show the third viewers round myself as they were so late, a couple with their three tiny children, one of which kept disappearing dangerously when he was put on the floor. The Mum was on the ball, but I felt nervous, I'm not at all child friendly here.

Big electric storm in the fields opposite my house, hold on to your hats! And find those candles!

mosaicwarts Sat 27-Jul-19 17:31:41

I'm glad my anxious old lady behaviour didn't affect the viewing - the young couple have booked a second viewing in August, and I have another viewer the next day.

Feedback from one of the morning viewers was that they loved it, but too much work.

I might spoil myself with a cordless vacuum so I can just whizz round quickly, the thought of doing the hoovering really gets me down as Henry is so heavy as he's always full of sand - not sure how I walk so much in, I do wipe my feet!

Ellianne Sat 27-Jul-19 17:39:43

Second viewings are usually a sign that the people are very interested. When our buyers came back for a second look we let them go round on their own.
Yes, mosaicwarts, Henry hoovers are heavy.

GrandmaKT Sat 27-Jul-19 17:41:46

Second viewing! That's great news. When we've sold houses in the past we have always sold to people we have shown round ourselves rather than those left to the EAs. It must have been your showcasing skills! flowers

Avor2 Sun 01-Sep-19 21:04:32

Put our house on the market beginning of the year, we had a few viewings but no-one had sold their home so couldnt move forward. Took it off the market as it was soo quiet, then put it back on 3 weeks ago. We have had 2 offers of the asking price !?!?!?!?!?! can't believe it ???!!! it happens eventually, good luck x

Whiff Sun 01-Sep-19 21:17:16

Avor2 please read the thread calm me house buying and selling stress.