Gransnet forums

House and home

Induction hobs 2

(8 Posts)
Celeste21 Tue 13-Aug-19 10:55:41

Hello all! As I write I am having an induction hob fitted and knowing how you lovely gransnetters help I wonder if anyone can recommend a set of suitable saucepans I can buy? I am happy to spend a reasonable amount for good quality pans that will last, but they must be non stick. Also, any advise on induction cooking would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

Fennel Tue 13-Aug-19 11:41:21

We got an induction hob recently and I had to replace some of my pans.
Someone told me to take a magnet when shopping for new pans, hob to oven pots etc. The base of the pans must attract the magnet.
Le Creuset are ok evidently but too heavy for me.

J52 Tue 13-Aug-19 11:45:11

I bought a set of Judge stainless steel. Le Cruset do work, but I’m wary of dropping them on the hob.
Most makes will now indicate if they are suitable for induction hobs.
I tested my old pans first before getting rid of them. Sadly my lovely jam pan didn’t work!

SueDonim Tue 13-Aug-19 13:18:04

Tefal pans work on induction hobs.

Katyj Tue 13-Aug-19 13:25:00

I've just had a hob fitted and bought the Jamie Oliver adonised pans so far their great.Dil has the same set and loves them.

Fennel Tue 13-Aug-19 15:36:39

J52 wrote
"I tested my old pans first before getting rid of them. Sadly my lovely jam pan didn’t work"
The same with my black metal hob to oven casserole that I've had for years, as well as the veg pan to match.

Liaise Wed 11-Sep-19 14:59:27

I have lecreuset saucepans, cast iron casseroles and shallow, nonstick casseroles with glass lids. Some I have had a long time. This week I bought a large size non stick casserole (30 cm). Yes they are expensive but so good. Anyone thinking of buying should check prices on line. As I cook with them everyday they are my luxury. My DIL has her eye on them when I no longer can cook!

grandtanteJE65 Wed 11-Sep-19 15:51:05

Most modern stainless steel pans can be used on induction.
They should be stamped on the base showing what kind of cookers you can use them on.

The magnet trick really does work if there are no symbols to guide you. If the pot is magnetic it will heat up fine on induction.

I typed cookware suitable for induction hob and found a comprehensive list, but for some odd reason I couldn't get the link to appear as a link when I copied it.

The saucepans in the picture are suitable for induction and have a glass-ceramic inside. You can cook things like porridge and custard without anything sticking and you only need to wash them with a cloth afterwards. I bought mine in Germany and don't know whether they are available in the UK, but I highly recommend them.

The firm that makes them is KING ALUGUSS