House and home

Tilting Kettles

(19 Posts)
Anniebach Sat 17-Aug-19 10:58:37

Does anyone use a tilting kettle ?

FlexibleFriend Sat 17-Aug-19 11:36:08

Nope I use a one cup by Breville.

Grannybags Sat 17-Aug-19 14:49:58

My sister has RA and uses one. She couldn't manage without it.

I don't know the make but could find out for you.

MiniMoon Sat 17-Aug-19 14:51:43

I know someone with a tilting stand for a regular kettle. I believe they are widely available.

Anniebach Sat 17-Aug-19 14:58:19

I have a problem, my secret vice, I love my hot water bottle,
I have looked at tilted kettles on Amazon but they show filling
a cup, I want to fill a hot water bottle and wonder if it was possible with these kettles , sad I know ?

midgey Sat 17-Aug-19 17:00:21

Have you tried microwave ‘hotwater bottles’? You have to be careful not to overheat them but they come in many shapes which can be really comforting. (Especially the long one for around your neck!

Anniebach Sat 17-Aug-19 17:05:17

No Midgey, they are so fluffy ? x and I don’t use my microwave, don’t like it

midgey Sat 17-Aug-19 17:49:01

Ha ha Annie, I know what you mean. Best of luck with your hunt!

annodomini Sat 17-Aug-19 18:05:07

DS has a boiling water tap in his new kitchen. It means that they never need a kettle. However, I have my doubts about those taps, especially if there are young children in the house or forgetful oldies - though I haven't fallen victim yet.

MawB Sat 17-Aug-19 21:09:51

DD has one in her new kitchen too, anno , it seems fairly idiotproof which almost certainly means “me proof” and of course the children are forbidden to go near that tap!

BradfordLass72 Sun 18-Aug-19 05:33:33

I don't have a problem filling my hot water bottle, despite not being able to see.

I hold it in the sink (it leans against the side) with a pair of bright yellow tongs. Put a funnel in the top and pour hot water from the kettle until I can hear and feel that there is enough in the bottle.

et Voilà !

Anniebach Sun 18-Aug-19 08:42:31

I have arthritis in my hands, can’t lift a full kettle.

Am now thinking about those small kettles , will buy one , if not enough water will buy two . Seems such a trivial thing but I love my hot water bottle, my comforter ?

Luckygirl Sun 18-Aug-19 09:35:52

I love mine too! Very good for placing on sites of pain - of which there are many!

Lisagran Sun 18-Aug-19 10:03:01

www.amazon.co.uk/Safe-Water-Bottle-Filling-Stand/dp/B07SKL1CFT/ref=sr_1_2?s=drugstore&keywords=Hot+water+bottle+filling+stand&tag=gransnetforum-21&qid=1566118778&sr=1-2

There’s a stand here to put hot water bottle in, whilst filling?

Anniebach Sun 18-Aug-19 10:10:59

Lisagran. You are an angel x I can use both hands to lift the kettle with that stand .

Luckygirl I doubt your mother packed yours when you went on honeymoon, we did get married in January though ?

henetha Sun 18-Aug-19 10:16:31

Thanks Lisagran. That hot water bottle stand looks marvellous and I shall buy one. I've the same problem as Anniebach, - arthritic hands, and love HWB's.

Lisagran Sun 18-Aug-19 11:08:23

I hope it works for you!

POGS Sun 18-Aug-19 11:08:40

Tongue in cheek post alert.

Donkeys years ago I visited an elderly gentleman who made me a cup of tea.

I asked him why did he have a wedge shaped piece of wood under his kettle.?

He told me it's saves me electricity bill because as long as you cover the element you use less water.

Can't see it myself but the moral is why buy and expensive kettle when a door stop will do grin

Anniebach Sun 18-Aug-19 11:11:44

Thanks POGS, I will look on Amazon for a wooden wedged
kettle stand . ?