Gransnet forums

House and home

Recommendations for steam mop for 2019

(10 Posts)
ishkhanna Mon 19-Aug-19 10:05:29

I have a lot of ceramic tile floors in mudroom, laundry, large kitchen and all bathrooms - probably 2,000 sq. ft. I'm thinking I'd clean the floors more often if it didn't involve getting a bucket of water and carrying it around!

Does anyone have experience with steam mops - maybe give recommendations on brand or the most important features to look for? I'd like to stay under a $200 but might pay more if something was really a cut above - thanks!

Added - please, everyone include a model number if you can - seems every brand makes 3 or 4 and they can be $40 difference or more in price.

ishkhanna Mon 19-Aug-19 10:10:47

Bissell is my first preference...
Also I was checking review here steammoplist.com/ I found PowerFresh Steam Mop looks suitable for my requirements..

Auntieflo Mon 19-Aug-19 12:19:47

I don't know where you live ishkhanna, but if you have an Aldi nearby, I bought a cheap one recently for £24.99.
I know it was cheap, but it does the job, and we have ceramic tiles in the porch, hallway, and kitchen .
Good luck with your search.

Pantglas1 Tue 20-Aug-19 07:55:12

I bought one recently at Lidl Auntieflo for a similar price and it’s marvellous on tiles. Also use the hand held bit on nooks and crannies and my gas hob - brilliant!

Jane43 Tue 20-Aug-19 13:50:45

After our steam mop gave up the ghost we bought a Bissell Crosswave multi cleaner. It is more expensive but it eliminates having to sweep or vacuum the bits off the floor before steaming. It really is wonderful and shortens floor cleaning time because it vacuums and cleans at the same time. There are settings for hard floors and rugs so you can do all your tile and laminate floors and also heavy traffic areas on carpets. I really wouldn’t be without it.

Countrylife Sun 25-Aug-19 08:55:44

Hi, as you are talking in $ I don’t think my suggestions would be any good as I’m in the UK. Just don’t go for tv advertised look in shops and compare prices. I had one for £199 that was sent back twice then bought one I a household everything kind of shop for under £60 and it’s been working for 3 years.

Just be careful on your tile. If the polished top layer is thin hot steam can damage it and make it dull. Try doing it on very low steam setting moving quickly, don’t park it whilst steaming. I use it on ceramic tile in our conservatory mostly as that is where the dogs are in and out in the rain and it had dulled the finished but I’m not concerned as I’m knocking it down. However replacing it with new extension and going with Matt Porcelain tile. I will be happier about the surface surviving better but will also be using it less often, just in case. Make sure your tile grout is sealed or you can cause problems! Good luck

LadyGracie Sun 25-Aug-19 09:36:55

I have one that permanently lives in the loft, it wasn’t expensive.

Everett2 Tue 28-Jan-20 09:19:30

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Alishakhanna Sat 21-Mar-20 11:44:40

Hi! Ishkanna my recommendation about steam mop you should buy these
Bissell Symphony Pet Steam Mop and Steam Vacuum cleaner. ...
Bissell PowerFresh Steam Mop. ...
Shark Lift-Away Pro Steam Pocket Mop. ...
Smart Living Steam Mop Plus. ...
Comfyer Vapor Steam Mop. ...
BISSELL Spinwave Cordless Hard Floor Mop. ...
Shark Genius Hard Floor Cleaning System Pocket Steam Mop.

I recommend these mop's because many of my FM WhasApp friends use these steam mop's and they like these mop's!

Cisco9BESTTOP Thu 09-Apr-20 21:34:36

Message deleted by Gransnet for breaking our forum guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.