Gransnet forums

House and home

Caple Kitchen Equipment

(9 Posts)
Gr8dame Wed 28-Aug-19 17:08:26

Downsized from a house to a newly built ground floor apartment because my DH and I have physical health problems. All the kitchen equipment (washer/dryer, cooker, fridge and dishwasher) are Caple products and we are finding them difficult to use as the instructions are abysmal and the products aren’t a patch on the ones we left behind. I’ve checked the online user manuals and they don’t offer any extra info. Should we bite the bullet, ditch them all and get another make? Has any other Gransnetter had any experience or advice please?

Mossfarr Wed 28-Aug-19 17:17:00

The Caple company is based in Bristol, I would give their customer services a ring before you ditch them all. 01179381900
Apparently they are 'multi award winners' !!

annsixty Wed 28-Aug-19 17:53:24

When we had a new kitchen fitted about 15 years ago now the company recommended Caple for the fitted Cooker.
I still have the gas job and absolutely no problems.
I replaced the oven 2 years ago as the door hinges failed and couldn’t be replaced.
It was a good oven but I replaced it with a cheaper one for financial reasons , the new one, a Zanussi is not as good but I don’t do much cooking now.
I would give them a chance.

annsixty Wed 28-Aug-19 17:54:39

Gas job ?

annsixty Wed 28-Aug-19 17:55:18

Yet again, gas hob!!

Gr8dame Wed 28-Aug-19 19:08:21

Thanks I’ll give them a call.

craftyone Wed 28-Aug-19 19:14:25

Gr8dame, mine are not caple but another cheap make. I bought a new build and they buy the whole kitchen set as one package. I got them to take out the dishwasher pdq and I put a much better one in, the integrated fridge/freezer is useless regarding my needs and very limited space so I bought tall fridge and a tall freezer, the integrated fridge/freezer is still there but is so little inside that I can reach the top and the back of shelves, so I store all my herbs and spices in there as well as peripheral baking ingredients.

I persisted with the larger oven, small oven and microwave and am now used to them, the electric ovens are not a patch on the ones I left behind but they will do. I tested them the other day, temperature in the big oven is accurate and in small oven is about 7 below. They are ok, just that, ok. I never had a microwave before and have used it a few times

Jane43 Thu 29-Aug-19 00:50:39

Whenever we have problems with household equipment we nearly always find useful information on You Tube - much better than looking through the handbook, if we can find it.

Gr8dame Sat 07-Sep-19 13:47:28

I think you had the right idea craftyone, our previous property was a new build house and although the appliances were of a reasonable quality we ripped out the fridge with its midget sized freezer. This meant that we had a large cupboard for ironing board, vacuum cleaners etc and we bought a new fridge freezer for the kitchen which worked really well. The apartment we live in now is in an ideal location and has a living/dining/kitchen area which seemed ideal with regard to our disabilities. In hindsight I should have checked out the appliances.