Gransnet forums

House and home

Plantation style shutters

(9 Posts)
Labaik Sat 07-Sep-19 20:57:18

I do think they look lovely. However, it crossed my mind today that, if fitted upstairs they would be dangerous of there was a fire and you couldn't open a window to escape.

craftyone Sat 07-Sep-19 20:51:32

maybe I won`t buy any new planters too expensive, I will make do

craftyone Sat 07-Sep-19 20:45:36

Thanks for the link Korol, useful planters. I might re-home a mish mash and get some matching new ones. I have book marked the site

Loving my cosy window and patio door treatments, all shut up and cosy because it is going to be cold by morning. The patio doors and utility got perfect fit blinds in honeycomb in the same shade as the shutters. No more curtain making for me, ever grin

korol Thu 05-Sep-19 08:20:45

I like this option. We, too, in our house on the first floor chose this option. It is also convenient that the windows could be decorated with greenery. We bought large outdoor planters getpotted.com/planters/size_sml-large/arrangement-outdoor/. This house was also decorated, and when you look out the window and see flowers and your mood rises.

Bikerhiker Wed 04-Sep-19 16:24:37

Thank you. First quote a week Friday!

Minniemoo Wed 04-Sep-19 12:02:14

My friend has these. They look gorgeous. I had them when I lived in NJ, many moons ago. I love them. Definitely agree with shopping around. My pal couldn't believe the difference in prices for what appeared to be the same product

CariGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 04-Sep-19 11:50:33

We have them in our front room. I love them. Definitely get a few quotes - the prices we got varied wildly.

craftyone Wed 04-Sep-19 10:28:48

yes me I bought them, just a couple of months ago, there is a thread when I was asking the same question. I bought stained wood and they are lovely, versatile as well as insulating. The whole house has been done, many windows, pristine craftmanship

Bikerhiker Wed 04-Sep-19 09:57:31

Does anyone have these instead of curtains?
Does anyone have any idea what fhey cost for an average sized window.
Many thanks.