Gransnet forums

House and home

Phone and broadband packages

(7 Posts)
Peonyrose Sun 15-Sep-19 08:58:55

The time is approaching when it's renewal time for phone and broadband. JLewis are lovely to deal with but reception poor. TT cheap but their support was frustratingly slow, you held on for hours at a time with a query. Has anyone any recommendations please.

Hetty58 Sun 15-Sep-19 09:06:30

I have NowTV for phone and broadband as they were the cheapest here and I hardly use the house phone. No problems so far and I've avoided adding any TV packages as I have Smart TVs anyway. Not all providers are available in each area.

Peonyrose Sun 15-Sep-19 14:21:26

Thanks Hetty. Must say I have never heard of Now, but I will investigate.

jusnoneed Sun 15-Sep-19 14:46:02

I have used Plusnet for line and broadband for the last few years. Only ever had a couple small problems (billing) which were soon sorted via online chat.
I pay line rental once a year and it works out 16.99 a month and then 11.00 a month for unlimited fast fibre bb. Calls are extra but I rarely use the home phone - about time someone came up with an easy way to have internet without having to have landline.
Negotiate every time it's up for renewal and so far have got it cheaper each time.

glammanana Sun 15-Sep-19 14:53:12

I have been with BT for 12 yrs and every year when renewing I negotiate my new deal I never pay more than £35 for complete package including BT Vision and Sports Channel and fibre optic BB.

Chewbacca Sun 15-Sep-19 15:42:34

I have Virgin Media for internet connection (80mbts) and landline with free calls all weekend. I pay £21.00 per month. Don't want any tv package because I rarely watch it.

Fiachna50 Sun 15-Sep-19 17:45:15

I have Virgin, only because Sky was extortionate here. We have a package thats about £60 a month, but thats TV,line rental and some sort of fibre optic broadband. We are fine with what we have but its not the top TV package. Go onto Martinsmoneytips website, he usually has details of good media packages.