Gransnet forums

House and home

BIBO Hot and cold water dispenser

(2 Posts)
Noname Tue 24-Sep-19 14:57:29

I was wondering if anyone has one of these and how they’ve found it?
www.bibowater.co.uk/which-bibo/
Our drinking water at home is not very nice and I’m not wanting to purchase water in plastic bottles now.
TIA

Franbern Fri 04-Oct-19 09:52:39

I am now on my second hot water dispenser. The first one was a pressie from the kids,, and was Coopers. Very basic, just did one temp of water and no control on how much, so you did have to watch it whilst it was filling the mugs. But I loved it, so much safer for me than trying to lift and tip a kettle.
When it died, I bought a more expensive one. This one has heat controls - (idea being that different hot drinks should have different water temps). Also, can say if I want 100ml, 200ml, 300 ml of fluid (although it also has a continuous button.
This one also has facilities to insert a filter, so good for cold water also.
After first playing with the different heats, find I am no longer bothered and do most hot drinks on highest setting.
These machines not only makes drinks in a mug/cup, but they are very useful for filling a saucepan with nearly boiling water ready for pasta, etc. Also, use it when making soups in the winter and add hot water to my soup saucepan.
They do take up a bit of counter top in the kitchen and need a space above so that the lid can be raised in order to re-fill them with cold water. Ensure that if you get one it does have a 'water catcher' where you put you mugs. These can be easily removed for saucepans, but are necessary most of the time.
They are very safe to use, the hot water is immediate at all temps. I would thoroughly recommend them. Look for different amounts, but not sure of necessity of different temps.
I hope soon to be moving to a flat with a much smaller kitchen. As I said this does take up countertop space. I have seen that it is now possible (and a very high cost) to have something fitted directly to your kitchen water supply giving a separate tap at the sink with these temps for making hot drinks. Will be looking into these next year.