Gransnet forums

House and home

Altering clothes

(6 Posts)
Lilypops Fri 11-Oct-19 08:25:03

I think I would add some sort of embellishment to cover the white line Desjumeaux. , then add a bit of the same to the back pocket as a link , it can look very trendy on denim, Good luck with it , let us know how it ended up ,

desjumeaux17 Fri 11-Oct-19 07:33:33

Someone said rub white vinegar diluted onto the hems. It didn't really work I ended up stinking of vinegar for the rest of the day. I have coloured them in with a felt tip. You can see the line, but not many people fall at my feet so it shouldn't notice.
Good idea Septima I remember doing things like that when I was first married, I painted over a lampshade once that had Dickensian horses and carts printed on it. It looked great, really brought it up to date and of course matched the walls.... until you turned the light on.
Thank you for the help

Septimia Wed 09-Oct-19 14:24:47

Yes, felt tip maybe, if you can match the colour near enough.

When we were first married the carpet in the house we bought was threadbare in places. We couldn't afford to replace it immediately, so I coloured the bald bits with felt pen. It looked a lot better!

Nannyxthree Wed 09-Oct-19 13:52:52

Or you could sew some braid over the mark. I did this a lot when letting down children's clothes but haven't tried it in my own.

J52 Wed 09-Oct-19 13:30:57

Permanent felt tip. I’ve used when I’ve accidentally got bleach spots on clothes.

desjumeaux17 Wed 09-Oct-19 13:22:22

I have just let down some navy blue jeans which has now left a white line where the first hem was.

Is there any way of colouring this white line to blend into the colour of the jeans?

thanks