Gransnet forums

House and home

Electricity supply?

(8 Posts)
ayse Fri 20-Dec-19 08:57:51

Has anyone else had an email from their supplier giving information about who to contact in case of a power cut? Just asking, as I’ve never had this email before

cornergran Fri 20-Dec-19 09:00:21

Yes. A couple of weeks ago from the people who fix outages. Seems to be general.

oldgoat Fri 20-Dec-19 09:06:43

We received this email message yesterday, too.
Coincidentally, the receptionist at the vets told me that she had a power cut on Wednesday night and didn’t know who to contact.
I've stored the number in Contacts on my phone.

Septimia Fri 20-Dec-19 09:39:54

Yes, I had one from our local supplier - not the company we pay the bills to.

I went to their website, without using the link they'd supplied,, just in case it was a scam, and found the information quite clearly displayed there.

I didn't note the details but we've found the number to call quite easily before - power cuts are quite common here, although not as frequent as they used to be.

Hetty58 Fri 20-Dec-19 09:50:32

UK contact number and power cut map:

www.ukpowernetworks.co.uk/internet/en/contact-us/power-cuts-and-emergencies.html

ayse Fri 20-Dec-19 14:19:10

Thank you all. We’ve had 2 power cuts in the last two weeks but none for ages before that. It seems a bit strange.

Hetty58 Fri 20-Dec-19 14:28:49

I looked up my area on the map and was surprised at how many power cuts there have been. Here, it said that power was restored this morning - so I suppose it was off in the night!

MamaCaz Fri 20-Dec-19 14:53:48

We haven't had one, but I noticed yesterday that my mum had.

I've kept a number handy for years to ring if we have a power cut, and also for water.
I learnt soon after moving into this tiny village that there is no guarantee that anyone else will report either a power cut or loss of water supply,, and sometimes the companies wait for two calls before acting, so I make a point of calling as soon as either happens.

I should also add that both happen quite frequently here, for some reason.