Gransnet forums

House and home

Housing

(4 Posts)
chattypat Wed 15-Jan-20 19:20:42

I have being looking for Somewhere to live i am Currently not working i am on a waiting list for over 55 it is hard i have being on the list for Two years now and i need to move out where i live feel so Unhappy.

MissAdventure Wed 15-Jan-20 20:21:20

Have you thought about doing a mutual exchange, chattypat?

You could put cards in shop windows asking if anyone would be interested. (Be careful of your own safety though)

MissAdventure Wed 15-Jan-20 20:23:35

Oh. My mistake. blush
I thought you were already in a council property.

Well, how about a housing association; there are ones that help over 55s, too, I think?

Doodledog Wed 15-Jan-20 21:44:12

I'm sorry you are unhappy where you are - that must be difficult. What don't you like about it? Is there anything you can do to make it better? It's not clear from your post where you are living or why you need to move out.

You don't say how old you are, but you are on a list for over 55's housing. Is that why it is taking so long? Maybe if you were willing to move to a more general kind of housing it would be quicker? There must be more 'general' property available than ones specifically for older people.

A lot of landlords prefer not to have DSS claimants in their properties. Would it help if you got a job (assuming you aren't disabled or ill), so that you had access to more properties?

It's difficult to advise without knowing more about your circumstances, so if anything I have said is insensitive, I'm sorry.