Gransnet forums

House and home

Recommendations for a carpet cleaner

(14 Posts)
jeanie99 Sun 26-Jan-20 20:43:42

I used to have a VAX carpet cleaner years ago and it was well used and did the job.

I'm looking to purchase a cleaner now to keep the carpets fresh without having to have people coming in to do the job.

There are so many different companies now selling these, just wondered if anyone can recommend one that is not too heavy and does a quality clean.

Thank you

Franbern Sat 01-Feb-20 10:13:47

I have a current Vax carpet cleaner and it is okay. Not perfect and I still keep my rather old, but perfectly good steam cleaner. Mainly use the latter for rugs, The vax cleaner is easy to use - good benefit for me.....and probably does a similar job to having professional carpet cleaner in. Never did manage to get the stair nozzle on this to work - does not matter now as I do not have any stairs in my flat. I do purchase Vax own liquid for this.

cleaningproco Thu 27-Feb-20 17:02:05

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

BradfordLass73 Thu 27-Feb-20 20:39:56

Isn't Baking Soda supposed to be the main component of carpet cleaner, with some perfume added?

Might as well just buy the bi-carb and use that.

www.healthline.com/nutrition/baking-soda-benefits-uses#section1

Hetty58 Thu 27-Feb-20 20:46:35

I used to have the Vax cleaner but a professional clean is so much better, quicker and leaves the floors nearly dry. The machines that you rent are also more efficient so why buy one?

FlexibleFriend Thu 27-Feb-20 21:24:56

I've got a rug doctor and it's great but expensive to buy initially.

Curlywhirly Thu 27-Feb-20 22:48:18

I have used a Vax and a machine that you rent; the rental was so much better than the Vax.

curvygran950 Fri 28-Feb-20 08:08:48

I have recently bought the latest Vax ,very pleased with it, the carpets are almost totally dry after about an hour even in this damp weather.

Derron Wed 02-Dec-20 11:28:21

I also think that a professional clean is so much better and quicker.

Derron Mon 14-Dec-20 21:11:59

I also think that a professional clean is so much better and quicker.

Derron Wed 16-Dec-20 10:52:39

I also think that a professional clean is so much better and quicker. In our days, almost every family have a carpet at their home. The homes are looking more beautiful and more complete when we using carpets, but in the same time we shouldn't forget about the maintenance. Dry cleaning really makes our life more easily. I like the comfort in my house and I have carpets almost in every room. So, I often use the professional rug cleaning services. www.sunlightfinerugcare.com/ I managed to find good service, near my house. The fact that I use their services very often, so it gets me the discount. I suggest you to find the local dry cleaning too.

Georgesgran Sun 03-Jan-21 23:19:05

Don’t recognize Derron as a regular GNer - perhaps a professional carpet cleaner, but not worth reporting.

A friend used to hire a Rug Doctor on a regular basis, but had to work against the clock to get as much done as possible for the allotted time, so she’s now bought a big Vax machine herself, so she can clean as and when at leisure.

Georgesgran Sun 03-Jan-21 23:25:11

Well - how sad am I?? I’ve just googled the Company Derron recommends and they’re based in New York!

Pullmaney Wed 12-May-21 18:17:39

I can recommend u find agency