Gransnet forums

House and home

Thoughtless people at a tribute band concert,

(2 Posts)
MooM00 Sun 16-Feb-20 22:34:42

Hello, last night my husband and I and 3 of our close friends went to our local village hall to see a tribute band. We paid more for the tickets so we could be on the very front row. About half way through the concert about ten women came and danced right in front of us literally right by our feet thus not allowing us to see the band properly and only seeing the back of these people dancing. 4 people on the front row complained and asked them to move but they wouldn’t. It all turned into an unsavoury row both inside and outside the building. Would you stand for this or do you think we were party poopers.

Chestnut Sun 16-Feb-20 23:20:54

You don't mention their ages but I assume younger than you. It seems these days people are often very selfish, or maybe I was just brought up to be polite. They showed no consideration for you, presumably older folk, enjoying the concert. Just appalling. Where were the organisers? Maybe one of you should have gone to find whoever was 'on the door' and asked for help. You should certainly complain that this was allowed, especially as you paid more for your tickets. Maybe they will give you a partial refund? Make it clear your enjoyment was ruined and how disappointed you are (don't be afraid to exaggerate!)