Gransnet forums

House and home

Recommendations for new, lightweight vacuum please

(7 Posts)
Auntieflo Tue 03-Mar-20 17:08:24

I have decided that my faithful Henry Hoover, is just too heavy these days, and he is going to be re-homed, soon.
Therefore I am looking for a replacement, possibly a Robot type.
We have a GTech, and a small, Miele, but I like the idea that a Robot one can trundle around and go underneath beds and furniture, without us having to do acrobatics to get up and down.
Has anyone got one/ tried one, and how did they get on with it please?

Pittcity Tue 03-Mar-20 17:15:46

I love my robot vac. It cleans thoroughly with little effort on my part. Mine is a EUFY and I bought it from Amazon.
It has several programmes and can be used on a timer and it goes back to it's charger when the battery runs low.
You will need to make sure that there are no wires, shoelaces etc. for it to get caught on and it isn't clever enough to empty itself.

paddyanne Tue 03-Mar-20 18:15:01

I have a Shark and its been great ,my last one was a very heavy Bissell specifically for pet hair .The Shark does just as good a job with my long haired cats cast hair

Whiff Tue 03-Mar-20 18:19:46

Bosch cordless. It was the only one that was light enough for me to use. It's brilliant. I can vac the bungalow 4 times before recharging. Got it in pc world's sale for £127 saved £170 .

Cabbie21 Tue 03-Mar-20 19:51:11

Another vote for the Shark cordless. Very light and easy to use or carry.

Auntieflo Tue 03-Mar-20 21:41:05

Thanks all for the recommendations. I love my Gtech and wouldn't be without it, but I am thinking of going down the robot route, if I can make up my mind which one to choose.
Our daughter has one, and it just trundles around upstairs, doing it's thing. I like the fact that it can go underneath the bed etc. So I will be looking and researching when I have nothing else to do ?

Auntieflo Fri 06-Mar-20 08:44:41

Well, I had a lovely surprise yesterday. I had emailed my SIL as I knew he would have done research as to which one to buy, and they have come back and said they will buy us one. How kind they are, and we look forward to when it arrives.