Gransnet forums

House and home

Blackout curtains

(9 Posts)
mary294 Wed 18-Mar-20 11:11:58

I am having real trouble trying to find blackout curtains at a reasonable price anywhere, it seems there's only a few places left that do ready made curtains.
I have never bought curtains before always made them myself.
What's available is not great quality and overpriced in my opinion.

B9exchange Wed 18-Mar-20 11:14:04

Could you not run up blackout material with curtain tape and hang behind the curtains you like?

GagaJo Wed 18-Mar-20 11:17:01

I’ve never found any that work really well. The best combination I came up with was an Ikea blackout blind, combined with clip on (onto your own curtains, using the curtain tape) Ikea black out curtains.

Callistemon Wed 18-Mar-20 11:18:09

Dunelm?

I just lined some and it was quite a struggle as the whole lot was very heavy to sew.

Caramac Wed 18-Mar-20 11:18:15

I bought some recently from Ponden. They were reduced to about £35 and were 66 x54 “. I believe you can order online if you can’t get to a shop. The quality is good, the fabric fells good and drapes well.

Missfoodlove Wed 18-Mar-20 11:21:24

Next are great and sadly Laura Ashley will be having a sale.

mary294 Wed 18-Mar-20 11:58:09

Thanks for your suggestions I am going to have eyelet I've already bought the pole.
The window is very big bedroom window so expensive it needs 2 pair to get the fulness.
I have Next and Dunelm, just wish they would come up with some offers

sodapop Wed 18-Mar-20 12:18:51

I got mine from Next they are very good.

mary294 Wed 18-Mar-20 13:00:33

Had a look in Ponden very good I have heard of them until now just goes to show I don't the companies that are out that I don't know about.
I bought the downstairs ones ttom Next ine sale.
Had to have 3 pair so expensive even though in the sale.
The size is 90X90 thanks I like ponden