Gransnet forums

House and home

Bread machine that doesn't leave a hole?

(4 Posts)
HurdyGurdy Fri 08-May-20 15:46:29

Is there such a thing? Years ago, I had a Panasonic (I think) machine where the paddle dropped flat when it started to bake the bread, so there was no hole in the bottom of the loaf.

That died a good few years ago, and when the birds started to fly the nest, I decided it wasn't worth getting another just for husband and me.

But now I quite fancy fresh baked bread again, and I've been looking for a machine that doesn't leave a hole in the bottom of the loaf. (Arthritis decides that I'm not going to be pummelling dough to make my own bread by hand!)

Anyone seen one, or know of one please?

MiniMoon Fri 08-May-20 15:55:54

I researched breadmaker before Christmas this king I would buy a new one.
Lakeland do a bread machine with a removable paddle and Morphy Richards do one with a collapsible paddle.
In the end I didn't buy one, but was given one for Christmas. My daughter bought me a Morphy Richards model, but it leaves a hole.
I dont mind having to dig the paddle out of the loaf.

MiniMoon Fri 08-May-20 15:56:53

This king? I'm sure I typed thinking!

craftyone Fri 08-May-20 21:17:20

They all seem to have a paddle, mine is a panasonic and makes good bread albeit sometimes more moist than I would like. It makes all types of bread dough that you can plop out and bake in a normal oven. I prefer that to baked in the panny tbh. When it dies and it will, I won`t get another