Gransnet forums

House and home

Dulux polished pebble or rock salt

(9 Posts)
TrendyNannie6 Sat 20-Jun-20 20:55:05

Anyone used these colours in their home, what do you think to them

Katyj Sun 21-Jun-20 06:08:30

Hi, I have polished pebble in two bedrooms one is north facing, it looks quite cold and dark, the other bedroom looks better , south facing.
In the rest of the house we have Dulux trade paint (armstead) called swansdown, this is much better, a pale soft grey. We tried a rock salt sample but it just looked off white. Hope that helps.

phoenix Sun 21-Jun-20 07:58:00

I tried Swansdown in a South facing room and it looked blue! Luckily we had only bought a tester.

That room is now painted with Dulux Crispy Crumble, which in that light is a soft, pale grey/green.

If I made a crumble and it came out that colour, if be worried!

Purpledaffodil Sun 21-Jun-20 13:41:11

Have Polished Pebble on the one solid wall in new conservatory. Really like it. Pale but not too pale.

Pearl63 Tue 23-Jun-20 18:43:51

Have polished pebble in every room (have added an accent wall on my dining room/kitchen and also sitting room) hopefully have managed to attach pics of utility and sitting room

BlueBelle Tue 23-Jun-20 19:04:29

Presume they are beige and white are they?

Pearl63 Tue 23-Jun-20 19:29:17

Polished pebble on the lighter wall (and the utility) and a darker Dulux grey

Casdon Tue 23-Jun-20 19:37:37

I’ve got polished pebble in my lounge, it’s a nice soft grey, and doesn’t have a blue edge like some greys, so it’s warm looking even on darker days. Daughter liked it so much she has painted the bedroom in her apartment the same colour.

TrendyNannie6 Tue 23-Jun-20 21:18:11

Thanks everyone x