Gransnet forums

House and home

Range cooker with tall narrow oven.

(4 Posts)
ecci53 Fri 17-Jul-20 09:52:26

Anyone got one of these? We're considering getting one of these range cookers
ao.com/p/reviews/cs90d530x-leisure-electric-range-cooker-stainless-steel-42477-15?page=4
Wondering how useful the tall narrow oven is. It has a lot of shelves, but is it useful? I'd have to get new bakeware to fit, as well.

Nanagem Fri 17-Jul-20 09:59:46

I love my range cooker had it 12 years and cook for a family of 5 plus every day. I use the tall oven the most, it has more shelves so can cook more variety of things as it has more shelf room. That said the large oven is great for a large joint and bakes bread lovely. Just check your measurements when buying pans

MattJo Fri 17-Jul-20 10:03:18

We have a similarly configured range cooker (tho dual fuel). The long oven is electric and the other gas. It is certainly true that some sizes of baking tins do not fit the long oven but it does come into it's own when cooking dishes at different temperatures.

J52 Fri 17-Jul-20 10:56:19

I loved the tall oven on our Rangemaster, unfortunately had to leave it when we moved. It was great for doing roast veg, when the main oven had meat or something at another temp in it.
The instructions said you could roast 3 chicken at once in it. I didn’t try it out!
I did have to but a couple of narrow baking trays. I’d have another in a heartbeat, but new kitchen is fully fitted.