Gransnet forums

House and home

Clothes Airer

(6 Posts)
Rosiebee Sun 19-Jul-20 09:31:42

We dry lots of our clothes in the conservatory and I'm thinking of buying a clothes airer that will enable me to hang tops on hangers to dry. I've seen one online that looks a bit like an inverted triangle on a stand. My concern is now sturdy they are. Does anyone have an airer like this that they could recommend? Thanks.

Elegran Sun 19-Jul-20 10:08:35

I have a different style of airer, similar to this one.
www.amazon.co.uk/Beldray-LA023810TQ-Turquoise-Metre-Clothes/dp/B01EJXL782?tag=gransnetforum-21 which I put up in the conservatory. For smaller amounts of washing, the wings fold back over the centre, but for a large wash it has a lot of space - and everything hangs without touching anything else, so dries faster.

Ramblingrose22 Sun 19-Jul-20 14:55:13

I prefer the folding airers like the "HH Home Hut Laundry Airer 2 3 4 Fold Tier Clothes Horse Drier Indoor Drying Rack Folding (4 Fold)".

Sorry I can't post a link but this one is on Amazon too.

You can hang items on a hanger in the corners where each wing meets. It's very stable as long as the wet items are evenly spaced and the tiems are at a long enough distance to each other to dry properly indoors.

Ramblingrose22 Sun 19-Jul-20 14:55:30

Meant "items"!

Septimia Sun 19-Jul-20 15:47:44

Is the roof of your conservatory strong enough to take one of those 'old-fashioned' ones that hangs from the ceiling? You'd get plenty of hangers on one of those and some of the modern ones are quite stylish.

Tweedle24 Sun 19-Jul-20 16:02:47

I have one that opens up like an umbrella without the fabric cover. I actually use it to hang things on when ironed but, I think it would do just as well for what you want.