Gransnet forums

House and home

Saucepan set for induction hob recommendation?

(13 Posts)
ecci53 Mon 27-Jul-20 18:14:23

We're getting a new cooker with induction hob next week. Can anyone recommend a good saucepan set that isn't too expensive, maybe up to £70 to £80. DH believes that the cheapest is the best and that eBay is the place to buy, but I want something reasonably good. TIA.

Chewbacca Mon 27-Jul-20 18:19:15

IKEA. Both my induction hob and pans from there and they've been excellent.

Fennel Mon 27-Jul-20 18:32:23

We got an induction hob last year and I love it. But sadly had to get rid of some of my favourite pots and pans which didn't work on it.
Induction works by gravity - so take a magnet with you when you go shopping. If the base of the pot/pan sticks to the magnet it will work on your induction hob.

Chewbacca Mon 27-Jul-20 18:40:05

£70 the set. Dunelm. Induction hob compatible. Other colours available.

Chewbacca Mon 27-Jul-20 18:43:54

Argos Home 9 Piece Stainless Steel Induction Pan Set847/5651

£70.

Beechnut Mon 27-Jul-20 18:57:46

Is it ok to use induction pans on any other sort of hob?

Chewbacca Mon 27-Jul-20 19:00:13

If you look at the bottom of the pan it will give symbols of what types of heat sources you can use them on.

Whitewavemark2 Mon 27-Jul-20 19:00:33

I have various sizes of pro cook. I like the soft handles.

Toadinthehole Mon 27-Jul-20 19:15:39

I got mine at The Range, Jamie Oliver set of three. Very good , but the handles are inclined to get a bit hot. You can use these on any hob, but the induction hob will only take magnetic. I love mine...you won’t look back?

maydonoz Tue 28-Jul-20 14:06:39

Hi Ecci We recently had an induction cooker installed with our new kitchen.
We had to get almost all new cooking pots to use with it.
We got a couple of large ones Scoville from Asda, they are non stick. We also bought a set of stainless steel pans from TkMax, we're very pleased with all of them and not expensive.
Good luck and enjoy your new cooker, you will get used to it in no time.

Toadinthehole Tue 28-Jul-20 14:26:05

I think I’m losing it. Mine were from TkMax too, not The Range, and it’s the lids that get hot, not the handles! I really want to give up cooking?

SueDonim Tue 28-Jul-20 16:08:06

I use Tefal pans on my induction hob. Shop around and you’ll likely pick up a bargain.

Don’t buy M&S ones. I bought one to try and it was awful. It took forever to heat up. I returned it to the shop and the assistant I spoke to said that she’d returned hers, too, and they had had a number of unhappy customers.

Gardenersdelight2 Tue 28-Jul-20 17:59:47

I second the scoville pans that maydonoz mentions! I've also got some baking tins for the oven from them and the non stick is excellent