Gransnet forums

House and home

Broken House Sign

(9 Posts)
EwanFletcher Tue 28-Jul-20 04:31:22

My grandchildren have been spending time with us over the summer. Being the kids that they are, our decades-old house sign got broken by accident. Just this week, I've been thinking of having it repaired. Then I thought of asking you guys here to speed up the process a little bit.

Do you know of a good professional that repairs signs whom I can get in touch with? Or is it easier to have a new one created instead? I know this provider of engraved slate house signs, so getting a new one would not be much of a problem either. Thanks in advance for your help!

Esspee Tue 28-Jul-20 07:14:16

I’d get a new one.

J52 Tue 28-Jul-20 07:43:48

In our village, we live on a road where the name changes. The new one starts at our house. To confuse things some more, the house almost opposite has the same number, but belongs to the different road name. Add into that the number you’d expect to be opposite us in our road name is way down at the other end of the road about a quarter of a mile away.
We have a lovely slate plaque with our number and road name on it.

Ohmother Tue 28-Jul-20 08:14:36

Treat yourself to a new one. We got ours from welshslatewineracks and treated ourselves to a gin rack at the same time. ??

BlueBelle Tue 28-Jul-20 08:38:49

As no one knows where you live how can anyone suggest a sign repairer for you?? Ask on a local site for recommendations or buy a new one
Problem solved

TrendyNannie6 Tue 04-Aug-20 09:50:49

I’d get a new one

callgirl1 Tue 04-Aug-20 16:53:46

I bought a nice slate one from Amazon.

PinkCakes Tue 04-Aug-20 17:33:42

Get a new one.

MiniMoon Tue 04-Aug-20 21:03:17

I'd buy a new one.

We never had a sign for our house. The house is rather hidden behind a large white one, which was once a pub. The land it stands on used to be the pub car park.
Only the gate can be seen from the road.
I bought a bright pink acrylic sign that you can see from the top of the hill.

From this company