Gransnet forums

House and home

Best thermal blinds for bedrooms - your advice please.

(4 Posts)
Furret Fri 14-Aug-20 19:02:49

Thank you craftone I’ll look those up. I like the idea of both shutters and blinds.

craftyone Fri 14-Aug-20 08:12:45

In the bedroom and in fact all bedrooms and landing, I have the perfect fit under the wooden plantation shutters

Those PF blinds can retract to a very small space

craftyone Fri 14-Aug-20 08:10:54

yes, I have perfect fit thermal insulating blinds, which are also blackout. First I had wooden plantation shutters but decided to think ahead to summer as the last years have been so hot.My house is east west and my bedroom has windows, west and south. I had the perfect fit put on only 5 months ago, the combo is a suprb solution to the heat. I have only perfect fit on my patio doors, the glass is right down to the ground

If you have outward opening windows then you will also need spacers (ebay) for under the handles as you may need a little extra handle clearance. Perfect fit are relatively cheap but be sure to look at the insulation ones with metal inside and whire reflective outside

Furret Thu 13-Aug-20 12:46:01

This recent hot spell has made me quite ill - especially when I can’t sleep at night. The problem is my bedroom has two biggish windows, one facing east and the other west.

Even if I close the windows and roll down my current blinds it’s like sleeping in a sauna. I’ve looked online but I’d prefer some personal recommendations. I’m prepared to consider all kinds of blinds and shutters provided they will genuinely insulate the windows.

Fingers crossed ? I