Gransnet forums

House and home

Went wild spending this week !

(103 Posts)
tiredoldwoman Fri 25-Sep-20 18:10:53

This week I parted with cash ( well actually cashless transactions but the moths flew just the same ! )
I bought three fabulous items - the spider catcher from Aldis , Diabetic Friendly socks from Aldis and the wee spiralizer from Morrisons . What fun and comfort I've had - do I need to get out more ??

Chewbacca Fri 25-Sep-20 20:36:25

I've got the IKEA stainless steel pedal bin and it's pretty good. Has an inner plastic bin for easy emptying and cleaning. Cost £12.

Marydoll Fri 25-Sep-20 20:36:38

Grannynannywanny, my friend who likes to go to boot sales etc, came to the door with a lovely one, which had been in her garage I was moaning about DH breaking it

She suggested I use it until I get one I like. However, it has no inner bin and I can see exactly what you mean! Thanks for the warning.

I saw one, but it was out of stock. I also saw one in Next for over £100!! ?I'm not that desperate to have a designer kitchen! grin

Grannynannywanny Fri 25-Sep-20 20:39:46

£100 for a bin?? Yikes!

lemongrove Fri 25-Sep-20 20:40:00

Yesterday I splashed out on some Lakeland oven tray liners,
And today ordered a dark berry coloured longline cardigan, as I have been looking for one for the last month online.
I felt quite profligate? especially since I have a wardrobe stuffed with cardigans.

Callistemon Fri 25-Sep-20 20:46:33

And today ordered a dark berry coloured longline cardigan, as I have been looking for one for the last month online.

Where, who, how?

Bluebellwould Fri 25-Sep-20 20:50:31

I splashed out on eBay for my Christmas present. £75 quid (gulp) for 8 framed prints that made me laugh.

Marydoll Fri 25-Sep-20 21:14:19

Oh Callistemon, you've been looking too ! You will need to be nice to Lemongrove ?

Annapops Fri 25-Sep-20 21:29:32

140.00 on the pneumonia jab for me and DH. Does that count? sad

Oopsadaisy4 Fri 25-Sep-20 21:31:09

So far this week we have bought
I new kettle, not arrived yet, but very old kettle Spits hot water when it boils and leaks out of the lid when you pour.
I Christmas book
3 dust sheets
I length of fleece for geraniums when they go into the greenhouse
Spoilt? Moi?

Chewbacca Fri 25-Sep-20 21:31:10

Annapops WHAAAT? Why? shock

Chewbacca Fri 25-Sep-20 21:33:23

Callistemon Al*I have the Special Buys if knitting wool this week and they have a lot if very nice shades and plys in stock. You could while away the autumn evenings making your own long line cardigan?

Marmight Fri 25-Sep-20 21:47:03

My exciting purchase this week on Amazon was a pack of tiny G9 light bulbs. I only needed 2 but had to buy 10 ?. A copy of Mary Berry’s Simple Comforts seemed appropriate as a reward for spending 30 minutes trying to insert the afore mentioned bulbs, so Mr Amazon delivered that the next day

GagaJo Fri 25-Sep-20 21:55:11

New kettle - for daughter, not me.
Sand and water play table for grandson. I'm very excited about that. He's averaging a gift a week from me since I've gone away back to work.

NotTooOld Fri 25-Sep-20 22:17:53

He-he. A lovely thread. I'm waiting for Amazon to deliver my paper sewing pattern. Just the pattern, you understand, not the fabric, that will have to wait while I have a think. The pattern will probably get filed with the other three I bought in lock down and never made.

CanadianGran Fri 25-Sep-20 22:22:57

Yummy, cinnamon yarn! How about something slouchy and cabled?

That colour looks good on me, but I have let my hair go grey this year, so perhaps I need to re-think some of my wardrobe colours.

Quite a few years ago I knit a gold fuzzy cardigan (can't recall if it is mohair or alpaca) and it is still much loved for fall. Looks good with blue jeans.

Didn't actually purchase any closet organizer items, but did stand in front of the closet tsk-tsk-ing about the disarray.

NotTooOld Fri 25-Sep-20 22:26:05

Just love the idea of the cinnamon vests. Maybe a brown border? So trendy.................grin

Callistemon Fri 25-Sep-20 22:26:25

Chewbacca

Callistemon Al*I have the Special Buys if knitting wool this week and they have a lot if very nice shades and plys in stock. You could while away the autumn evenings making your own long line cardigan?

smile I could but I have enough to stock a shop already.

But nothing in cinnamon .....

Chewbacca Fri 25-Sep-20 22:38:36

That colour looks good on me, but I have let my hair go grey

Oh don't say that CanadianGran! I've also let my colour grow out so that I'm grey now and I thought the cinnamon colour would be good! grin

merlotgran Fri 25-Sep-20 22:40:23

I love the thread title.

Wild swimming is good for the soul
Wild gardening is good for the environment
So Wild spending just has to be good for the economy. grin

Curlywhirly Fri 25-Sep-20 22:53:55

Well, I too have gone mad shopping! Best purchase this week was a pack of teeny, tiny boxer underpants for my DGS who is only 2 and being potty trained - they are just so cute!

mumofmadboys Fri 25-Sep-20 23:24:57

My kitchen bin has an inner bin. But I dont get around to washing it as often as I should!!

Allegretto Fri 25-Sep-20 23:30:46

Tonight I bought wadding for a quilt I’m making. I actually bought enough for 4 quilts, because it’s cheaper in bulk. I spent a long time looking at fabric online, but resisted temptation. I also ordered a few items from Lakeland - wooden spoons, clothes pegs, napkins. And I’m waiting for the arrival of blue suede ankle boots which were mentioned on another thread. I could justify that purchase because of all the lockdown walking I’m doing.

Chewbacca Fri 25-Sep-20 23:46:38

No one can say we're not all supporting the economy! What a reckless lot we are! grin

Spice101 Sat 26-Sep-20 00:15:15

My latest purchase is a pair of walking poles which arrived yesterday. Now I just have to get inspired enough to use them. Walking is not something that comes naturally to me.

Coolgran65 Sat 26-Sep-20 00:41:48

I ordered tonight from Amazon 5 balls of white cotton yarn To knit lovely dishcloths. I’ve about 20 in my stash. They are great to use as a little gift if visiting someone. Look well if three are tied with ribbon.

Also a pack of ten black cotton masks. I already bought them in white but where have they all gone. (Perhaps it’s time I did a white wash) !!

A pair of insoles for comfort.

And for dh birthday a pair of black skechers. Also found a Burberry Aftershave half price in The Perfume Shop, he doesn’t know about that.

Well seen Pension was paid today... lol.....