Gransnet forums

House and home

Went wild spending this week !

(103 Posts)
tiredoldwoman Fri 25-Sep-20 18:10:53

This week I parted with cash ( well actually cashless transactions but the moths flew just the same ! )
I bought three fabulous items - the spider catcher from Aldis , Diabetic Friendly socks from Aldis and the wee spiralizer from Morrisons . What fun and comfort I've had - do I need to get out more ??

Whiff Sun 27-Sep-20 07:06:42

Seacliff what lovely cards. Thank you got an idea for Christmas present for my friend who has 4 cats. My latest buy was tub of grow more and white plastic plant labels. I planted 175 bulbs without the labels would have forgotten where I planted them.

Aldom Sat 26-Sep-20 13:38:07

A lovely story "Seacliff I shall buy a selection of their cards, suited to various family and friends, in readiness for forthcoming birthdays.

seacliff Sat 26-Sep-20 13:04:24

Thanks Aldom. It started when I (as a Cat Protection fosterer) rehomed two gorgeous cats to an artist. She created a beautiful linocut card of them and kindly sent me a copy.

Then I wanted more, and found her work on the Green Pebble site. Many of the artists are from East Anglia so there are lovely prints and lino cuts of local places like Snape marshes etc.

Aldom Sat 26-Sep-20 12:45:32

Seacliff I like the cards and your idea of framing a selection. I've just signed up to receive information from Green Pebbles. Thanks.

Aldom Sat 26-Sep-20 12:34:09

SparklyGrandma I also bought one of the stainless steel recycling bins from John Lewis. It was a gift to my daughter. She's delighted with it.

seacliff Sat 26-Sep-20 12:32:33

I have been buying up art cards at £2.82 each, framing them in simple (Asda) black frames. I am going to have a wall of pictures I like. www.greenpebble.co.uk/collections/greeting-cards/animals

Katyj Sat 26-Sep-20 12:06:28

I’ve bought. A tablecloth, table mats,glasses, and cutlery. Don’t know why I bothered because were in lockdown now so can’t have visitors ? But at least I’ll be ready and waiting ...

Parsley3 Sat 26-Sep-20 12:03:44

I love that vest pattern. I want one.
In a fit of lockup madness I bought a dining table online from Ikea. Fortunately, I do like it but it was a bit rash for an impulse buy.

annsixty Sat 26-Sep-20 11:42:02

I bought a roll of shirring elastic, £1:99 from Amazon, to use on the baggy cuffs of a couple of old jumpers that I hope will do another winter as no-one will see them when I don’t go out.
It is like wartime, make do and mend.

b1zzle Sat 26-Sep-20 10:53:44

It must be catching! I bought a new toilet brush yesterday!

ginny Sat 26-Sep-20 10:51:20

I bought a postcard to send to DGS , 60p plus stamp.
Ok, I admit I also treated myself to an antique silver needle case for my collection.

SparklyGrandma Sat 26-Sep-20 10:38:48

I bought 2 new finger touch bins for my kitchen, from John Lewis. 40 litres each. One for recycling, one landfill rubbish. Staying at home all the time has made me look at my home in closer detail.

Also some lovely stripey bamboo socks, no tight edges, for my diabetic feet...

Chewy Marydoll knitting a crochet type string vest for colder weather sounds great..envy

HAZBEEN Sat 26-Sep-20 10:38:20

Just had an Amazon delivery. I replacement filter for the fish tank and flea tablets for the cat!

Nortsat Sat 26-Sep-20 10:28:22

I have just spent £75 on Amazon for
- Easypill: the pastey stuff that we give Missy (elderly, grumpy, self opinionated cat) to get her twice daily medication down her ...
- Citronnella fresh deodorising spray and Extreme Cat Odour Remover spray, to deal with Ollie (young, ex-stray cat) and his ‘stress incontinence’.

Boy, my life is thrilling.

JackyB Sat 26-Sep-20 10:25:04

This thread is giving me more laughs than any of the joke threads!

I have got some scoops (for coffee and tea) on my Amazon list. It was really to find some with short enough handles to fit in the jars I keep loose tea in. I brought my mother's lovely teapot over but I wish I'd thought to bring the little spoon she used to use as well.

Illte Sat 26-Sep-20 10:03:50

I'd love one. So cheery.

Aldi here I come ?

Teetime Sat 26-Sep-20 10:03:32

I bought a ladle £4 in Sainsbury as I had 'donated' mine to the charity shop I think. confused

Grannynannywanny Sat 26-Sep-20 10:00:32

PS I’ve just remembered I saw similar fully grown versions of them in Aldi during the week. I think they were £9.99 if you’re still looking for one.

Grannynannywanny Sat 26-Sep-20 09:57:03

Illte ?
Maybe it’s for smalls

Illte Sat 26-Sep-20 09:56:49

Not even big enough for the pegs ?

It's got the washing up sponge in it at the moment.

glammanana Sat 26-Sep-20 09:53:55

After looking for wallpaper for my lounge and kitchen I finally found what I wanted and bought the amount I needed only for the new rules to come in and my decorator can't come now to put it up for goodness knows how long.(hmm)

Callistemon Sat 26-Sep-20 09:53:47

Is that for the pegs?
grin

Callistemon Sat 26-Sep-20 09:52:56

Ha ha!!

Illte Sat 26-Sep-20 09:50:34

Oh!

Illte Sat 26-Sep-20 09:49:49

Here is my lovely yellow linen basket that I bought on line.