Gransnet forums

House and home

I didn't know selling my fridge freezer would end up lifting my spirits :)

(17 Posts)
bikergran Thu 19-Nov-20 11:17:22

Long story short, I bought small under the counter fridge freezer, anyway too small so went back to big one.

My dd advertised the little fridge freezer on FB.

Had lot of interest and this lady said she would buy it, so she sent her partner to pick it up.

I opened door and this lovely jolly vibrant young man came to collect.
He was so chatty and bouncy, my dd and myself had a really good funny chat with him, he was so uplifting. could have chatted for ages but had .to pick GS up.

As the conversation went on I asked his name he said it's Danny, I said oh nice to meet you.

It then dawned on my dd who it was. Danny Sebastian who is a children's presenter, alos does Bargain hunt, junk rescue Cbeebies.

Oh he was like a breath of fresh air(even though I didn't know who he was) what a lovely man, it made my day.

(and yes we kept social distance) : )

Lollin Thu 19-Nov-20 16:43:30

How lovely smile. It is so lovely to meet people who have such a cheery personality and to hear when someone is as genuine as they appear on tv.

Curlywhirly Thu 19-Nov-20 16:55:22

I know who you mean, I have seen him on TV; and I agree, he's a breath of fresh air, so cheerful and comes across as a lovely chap. So glad to hear that he is like that in real life and it's not just an act for the telly.

FannyCornforth Thu 19-Nov-20 16:57:45

bikergran - get yourself over to my Claim to Fame thread! grin

EllanVannin Thu 19-Nov-20 17:00:34

What a lovely story.

NotSpaghetti Thu 19-Nov-20 17:36:01

FannyCornforth

bikergran - get yourself over to my Claim to Fame thread! grin

??

bikergran Thu 19-Nov-20 17:38:34

lol Fanny

Oh yes I can vouch he was so refreshing.Natural and that was before I knew who he was : ) It really made our day.

lemongrove Thu 19-Nov-20 20:21:09

Are you sure it was him bikergran or was he a lookalike?
I’ve seen him on lots of tv programmes ( he lives in Wellingborough) and is well off, just a thought?
We sold a nearly new dining tables and chairs five years ago to a dead ringer for Ian Botham.?

lemongrove Thu 19-Nov-20 20:34:43

Mind you, if you live in the same area it could well be him, he may love a bargain.
I have always fancied having an extra fridge but really nowhere to put it, except the garage ( not very convenient.)

FannyCornforth Thu 19-Nov-20 20:35:07

I'm afraid I'm with lemongrove -
'lovely jolly vibrant young man' ?
He's 54.

bikergran Thu 19-Nov-20 20:43:08

Hmm well he was in a big transit van with his face embezzled all over both back doors, the van is shown In a picture on Google so I am sure it was deff him, he went out to his van came back with a signed postcard photo for young GS.

(the fridge/freezer wasn't for him by the way)

lemongrove Thu 19-Nov-20 21:07:39

Oh well, that seals it.....it definitely was him ( with his face on the van and handing out autographs) ? he always seems full of fun on the programmes, so nice to know he’s that way in real life too.

FannyCornforth Thu 19-Nov-20 21:11:13

Wouldn't we all love a van with our face on it! grin

Hetty58 Thu 19-Nov-20 21:20:48

lemongrove, I have a spare fridge and freezer (the old ones) in the garage. They're very useful for 'overflow' shopping, parties and BBQs. I can store party food there - and it doesn't get raided before the day!

ninathenana Fri 20-Nov-20 09:55:14

FannyCornforth um, no !

Was he wearing his trade mark hat with the pheasant plume ? He has a very 'distinctive' voice.?

Curlywhirly Fri 20-Nov-20 16:37:04

Hetty58 I agree, the spare fridge in the garage is THE place to hide all the food goodies (especially at Christmas). Does anyone else's adult children always raid the fridge when they visit? That'll teach 'em!

bikergran Fri 20-Nov-20 19:12:35

No nina must have been his day off for his hat and plume lol. Hat or no hat he was lovely. : )