Gransnet forums

House and home

Cleaning karndean flooring

(8 Posts)
Jaxjacky Sat 21-Nov-20 13:04:38

Seems I have to buy some special liquid, if that’s what it takes, fine, but are there other options please? Thank you.

Whiff Sat 21-Nov-20 13:29:18

I have Kardean in my kitchen and hall. I clean it with a few sprays of Sainsbury's eco multi purpose cleaner in very hot water. I use an ordinary mop and bucket. Have been doing it for a year cleans brilliantly. Do the same to the tiles on my shower room floor. I vacuum the floor as well. If you read Kardean's site you are not supposed to. I use anti bac wipes on stubborn marks.

jusnoneed Sat 21-Nov-20 13:54:50

I have Karndean in my kitchen and shower room, I just use whatever multi purpose cleaner I am using at the time (Stardrops currently), dilute in bucket of water and mop it over. Been doing that for about 15 years and it's fine.
I vac it too.
I think these companies are just trying to sell expensive stuff that probably is no different to the cheap ones.

Oldbat1 Sat 21-Nov-20 14:28:52

My Karndean has been down for the years. I was given special cleaning stuff by the fitters which is still in the box in the garage on top shelf. I just use whatever cleaning stuff I have to hand. Looks like new.

Jaxjacky Sat 21-Nov-20 15:36:50

Thank you all, I’d thought as much! Didn’t want to risk it without checking as it’s costing a fortune.

Chewbacca Sat 21-Nov-20 15:41:27

When I had my Karndean flooring installed, I was given a box of special cleaning fluids. I think I used one of them. Now I use whatever is to hand from the cupboard under the sink. It's fine.

Ellianne Sat 21-Nov-20 15:46:38

I had a new Amtico floor laid this week and was given these products.
The fitter said warm soapy water is just as good.

Franbern Sat 21-Nov-20 16:02:58

Had my top of the range Amtico flooring in my through lounge for some 16 years. Only used Amtico's own fluid to clean it the first time. After that, it was swept and hoovered regularly and given a wash over in warm water with some supermarket's own floor cleaner. Looked like new when I left the house.