Gransnet forums

House and home

Best steam mop for porcelain tiles

(7 Posts)
Freeandeasy Thu 03-Dec-20 13:40:02

I had my kitchen floor re-tiled just before the second lockdown. The tiler did a good job and told us to use grout remover after a few days to remove the excess grout. Unfortunately, I didn’t wait long enough and the floor ended up a right mess. After scrubbing for ages we have finally got rid of the existing grout and it looks OK. Thought in hindsight I would not have purchased these particular tiles. They are a rustic stone porcelain and would look fantastic on a patio, not so much a kitchen.

I want to buy a steam mop. I have an old steam cleaner but it’s such a bother getting it out and assembling everything and I was thinking a mop would be easier. Can anyone recommend a slimline steam mop that is easily stored and would be ideal for porcelain tiles?

NotSpaghetti Sat 06-Feb-21 08:45:51

Ooh, interesting question - I wonder if anyone has bought one...

midgey Sat 06-Feb-21 10:20:37

I gave my daughter a steam mop for Christmas, it was from Lidl so a bargain!

midgey Sat 06-Feb-21 10:20:38

I gave my daughter a steam mop for Christmas, it was from Lidl so a bargain!

NellG Sat 06-Feb-21 10:29:23

I've got a Vileda, heats up in seconds, really quick and easy. Just make sure you use either filtered or distilled water if you live in a hard water area (or there are additives that stop scaling). It takes no more space than a normal mop.

Bobbysgirl19 Sat 06-Feb-21 11:17:59

I have a Vileda too and love it. It’s light weight so easy to handle and does a great job!

Spice101 Sat 06-Feb-21 11:27:20

Don’t know if they are available in the UK but I bought a Bissell for porcelain tiles. I like it because it leaves the tiles virtually dry.