Being the proud possessor of a fine thick head of hair I always seem to leave some wherever I go. Short, long, makes no difference. I saw these mentioned in an old thread, so invested 15 quid in this. It’s fantastic! Quick swish over bedroom carpet picked up ‘enough to stuff a cushion’ as my mother used to say ? A follow up with the vacuum cleaner, job done, no matted up hair clogging up the rollers on the vac.
I am going to buy a rubber broom today! Never knew about them so thx. I live with an adult son with long hair, a cat with lots of fur and I am losing my hair with stress - I have hair everywhere which causes me much work. So yeah I need this broom.....?
I've got a small rubber hand brush that I got from Sainsburys a couple of years ago. It's brilliant for going along the edges where carpet meets skirting board before vacuuming. Also those awkward bits where the stairs turn a corner.
About 10 or 12 years ago I spoke to the buyer at Lakeland and asked if she would consider stocking the tools that I read about on Flylady.com. It is a brilliant American site that shows busy people how to get their homes organized quickly. It is also free. Flylady has a range of cleaning tools and there are rubber brushes etc. in her range. I am a therapeutic counsellor and at that time I had a lot of young professionals for clients who were struggling to keep on top of home , work, studying etc. A lot of them found Flylady's methods to be very good and Lakeland did find someone to produce rubber brushes etc. I bought the products myself and they are really good.
I like the idea of doing the stairs! I have two vacuums - one old cylinder one that only reaches halfway down the stairs and another upright that is too heavy for me to carry up the stairs, but it's hose reaches halfway up ( but not enough to meet up with the other one) So before I go out and buy yet another vacuum (cordless) I will give this a go !
B&M were selling a rubber hand brush and dustpan for £4 last time l went in, a real bargain, and good for brushing down the stair carpet and around the kitchen base unit edges.
We have had a rubber broom for years, so glad they are still being made as ours is more or less worn out. Never used it indoors though, always been a garden broom. Brilliant for sweeping leaves off the grass. Really comes into its own brushing away snow and slush, both on the paths and on cars etc.
I used to have a white cat and she was always shedding hair, came across these brushes and tried one and it was great for collecting the hairs off the rugs etc. Was always amazed how much came up even after the vac had gone over.
I have a rubber, long handled brush, and hand brush bought in 1997, when our kitchen had a big makeover. The big one has been relegated to the garden, but must say they have been great. Both from Lakeland, along with lots of other 'things' I couldn't live without.
After reading what was possibly the same thread I bought a rubber hand brush too, already having a broom. It is wonderful for cleaning carpet along the skirting board. The spikes on the 'nose' are particularly efficient. I think Lakeland do one too. www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rubber-Brush/303756104384?hash=item46b94652c0:g:qAoAAOSwNHxfpW8j
I have had a small one for years. It gets all the trodden-in dust and grit out of the stair carpet. Swept from one step to the next all the way down and vacuumed up at the bottom, it takes no time at all.